Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my name is Josh and I've been a viewer of this forum for a long time, but have just recently registered. I live around New Orleans, LA, and I'm getting my TITAN in a month or two.

I'd like to put subs under the backseat (I'm young, and yes, sound is a priority for me) :rockon .......but anyway, if one of you King Cab owners would provide me with the following measurements, it would be greatly appreciated. I need to start planning out my box.

1) From the back wall to the bottom front edge of the backseat I-------I

2) From the floor to the bottom of the backseat

I am more than just some punk kid audiophile, so please don't get that kinda impression; this is just on my mind currently.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Morning Josh,

Well, I think you may be a little disappointed in how much 'room' you have to work with there. Your not going to be able to go to the back wall. There is a 'hump' towards the rear underneath there. The 'flat' portion you have to work with is:

12" from the front of the seat cushion until you hit the rise at the back.

Hieght is 8" at the back to almost 10.5" at the front.

Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CaliforniaTitan said:
Morning Josh,

Well, I think you may be a little disappointed in how much 'room' you have to work with there. Your not going to be able to go to the back wall. There is a 'hump' towards the rear underneath there. The 'flat' portion you have to work with is:

12" from the front of the seat cushion until you hit the rise at the back.

Hieght is 8" at the back to almost 10.5" at the front.

Chris
Good Morning to you too, thanks alot. That might be cutting corners a little, but I think I can work with that space. Again, thanks, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You should take your favorite CD down to the dealer and try out the RF sub under the driver's seat. I can shake the windows on the car next to me. Others have had mixed results with the sub though.

Tony

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
TSI,

I would like to add to my previous...I think you would actually be OK if your going for an overall quality not quatity method. Maybe a pair of downfiring 8" subs would work well with your amp placed over the 'hump' in the middle.

I would definately replace the stock locations with some high quality midranges/components and I think you would be quite pleased with the result.

Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CaliforniaTitan said:
TSI,

I would like to add to my previous...I think you would actually be OK if your going for an overall quality not quatity method. Maybe a pair of downfiring 8" subs would work well with your amp placed over the 'hump' in the middle.

I would definately replace the stock locations with some high quality midranges/components and I think you would be quite pleased with the result.

Chris
About the RF setup, that's just too much to pay for the little amount you get. Plus, I've heard some bad things, and I really don't trust factory aftermarket sound setups. I was planning on putting 2 10's(Volfenhag's, you're not gonna find a better sounding sub), connected with a middle platform of sorts that the amp would rest on (it's not good to have an amp resting on the floor). My buddy's gonna help me out with actually building the box, he's built quite a few. The factory mids and highs will be fine.

Just a tip for those putting a box under the backseats:
Adding polyfill to your box will 'dampen' it, and furthermore make your subs "feel" like they're in a much bigger box. For 10" subwoofers. you need a box a cubic foot minimum in volume.

P.S. With a 1600W amp going to 2 subs with a max output of 800W each, I will have the quantity, as well as quality."misslelau

Thanks to you both for your help.

Josh

·
Registered
58 Posts
TitanSMOKEImports said:
About the RF setup, that's just too much to pay for the little amount you get. Plus, I've heard some bad things, and I really don't trust factory aftermarket sound setups. ...
Josh
Yeah I agree, it's a pretty poor audio package for an otherwise very impressive truck.

Plus Nissan really made it tough for after market audio with that fu&*ed up one-piece dash setup.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
joel said:
Yeah I agree, it's a pretty poor audio package for an otherwise very impressive truck.

Plus Nissan really made it tough for after market audio with that fu&*ed up one-piece dash setup.
Amen, bro.... and from what I hear, the FM reception isn't anything to write home about either. I was thinking about putting a reciever unit in one of those middle compartments that are available, just bypass the dash reciever. I guess I'll just have to see how everything sounds in my individual truck before I act on these ideas.

Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts