Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 2WD Titan that I am installing a 2" leveling kit on soon. Hopefully in the very near future I will be able to afford my new rims and tires. I want to go with 20X9" RBP 94R wheels with either 305/55R20 or 33X12.50R20 Toyo OC M/Ts. I also plan on putting on Pocket style Bushwacker Fender Flares so I want my rims and tires to stick out 1 1/2". I am willing to do the PWM to eliminate any rubbing, it's no big deal. In order to achieve this look with this set-up am I looking at 5" backspacing (0mm offset), or stock 5.5" backspacing (12mm offset) ? They also come in a 10mm offset. Any opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

This is my first post please correct me if I screwed anything up.:teethmast

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
If you want them to stick out you are have to go with negative back spacing

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

Reactions: *SocalTitan*

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I have a 2010 2WD Titan that I am installing a 2" leveling kit on soon. Hopefully in the very near future I will be able to afford my new rims and tires. I want to go with 20X9" RBP 94R wheels with either 305/55R20 or 33X12.50R20 Toyo OC M/Ts. I also plan on putting on Pocket style Bushwacker Fender Flares so I want my rims and tires to stick out 1 1/2". I am willing to do the PWM to eliminate any rubbing, it's no big deal. In order to achieve this look with this set-up am I looking at 5" backspacing (0mm offset), or stock 5.5" backspacing (12mm offset) ? They also come in a 10mm offset. Any opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

This is my first post please correct me if I screwed anything up.:teethmast
mine have a -12 on 20x9 and here is what they look like...
lift finished 005.JPG

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for replying to my post, both you guys have good looking Titans. I want minimal rubbing while still achieving this look, The picture below is what I orginially wanted, I know he has 305/55R20's but I don't know his rim width or backspacing/offset, I was able to talk to him once and he said he gets a little rubbing on full lock. All he has is a 2 1/2" leveling kit, 1" blocks in the rear and no PWM. I would love to get somewhere in between the look of this Titan and RBT's Titan. Would I have to go with 20X10's with 5" backspacing (-12mm offset) or 5.5" backspace (0mm offset) instead of the 20x9's to get this look. Do you think this guy is running 20X9's or 20X10's with about -12 or -25 mm offset?

Sorry I'm still a little confused I'm not sure if my calculations are screwed up but researching other threads I seen that going from stock 8" width rims to 9" would make you stick out 1" plus a 1/2" or so from sidewall tread and another half inch from backspacing stock 5.5" to 5". Looking at RBT's Titan seems these calculations are wrong can anybody explain this?:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Thanks guys for replying to my post, both you guys have good looking Titans. I want minimal rubbing while still achieving this look, The picture below is what I orginially wanted, I know he has 305/55R20's but I don't know his rim width or backspacing/offset, I was able to talk to him once and he said he gets a little rubbing on full lock. All he has is a 2 1/2" leveling kit, 1" blocks in the rear and no PWM. I would love to get somewhere in between the look of this Titan and RBT's Titan. Would I have to go with 20X10's with 5" backspacing (-12mm offset) or 5.5" backspace (0mm offset) instead of the 20x9's to get this look. Do you think this guy is running 20X9's or 20X10's with about -12 or -25 mm offset?

Sorry I'm still a little confused I'm not sure if my calculations are screwed up but researching other threads I seen that going from stock 8" width rims to 9" would make you stick out 1" plus a 1/2" or so from sidewall tread and another half inch from backspacing stock 5.5" to 5". Looking at RBT's Titan seems these calculations are wrong can anybody explain this?:confused:
I had a level before my lift and had a 275x60x20(33" tire) on a 8.5" rim with +10 offset that was flush....
2011 Pro4x 3.JPG

My 6" lift has a 295x65x20(35.46" tire) on a 9" rim with -12 offset that sticks out about an 1/2.....
lift finished 001.JPG

use this calculator......
Wheel Offset Calculator

1mm=.03937

figure by that calculator that the difference in my 2 rims was 28mm or 1.10" plus .50"(.25" each side) rim difference plus .78" tire width difference = 2.13" sticking out.

Also use discount tire dimensions....
Tire Dimensions Made Simple - Discount Tire

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
A 10" width rim with a leveling kit will mean a lot of rubbing, as will a 9" rim with -12mm offset with even just a 33, (the rim itself will stick out 2" more than a stock 8" wide rim).

Better to get a 9" with 0mm offset giving 5" backspacing, that sticks out 1.5", or better yet for less trimming, a 9" with +10mm, 5.4" backspacing sticking out 1.1" more than stock.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love this forum I learn so much s**t.

RBT your truck looks f**kin sick man. Wish I had the FX4 blacked out. Thanks for both calculators they definitely helped me with my math.

NorCal 4X4, Reading my previous post, do you think with the 20X9" rim with 5" backspace (0mm offset) I will be able to get that look I'm wanting? About a total of 1 1/2" to 2" total stick out from the body of the truck with the rims and 305/55R20 Toyo OC MT's? I will do the PWM to get this look and I will remold some of the fender well splash guards but I don't want to cut any of the actual fender or body or anything. I will repost the pic to make it easier. I would like the look to be right in between this Titan (left) and RBT's Titan (Right). I'm still a little confused to as why RBT has -12mm offset and only sticks out about 1".

Attachments

·
Registered
3,324 Posts

RBT your truck looks f**kin sick man. Wish I had the FX4 blacked out. Thanks for both calculators they definitely helped me with my math.

NorCal 4X4, Reading my previous post, do you think with the 20X9" rim with 5" backspace (0mm offset) I will be able to get that look I'm wanting? About a total of 1 1/2" to 2" total stick out from the body of the truck with the rims and 305/55R20 Toyo OC MT's? I will do the PWM to get this look and I will remold some of the fender well splash guards but I don't want to cut any of the actual fender or body or anything. I will repost the pic to make it easier. I would like the look to be right in between this Titan (left) and RBT's Titan (Right). I'm still a little confused to as why RBT has -12mm offset and only sticks out about 1".
Thanks. I think camera angles play a part too. Sometimes it looks like it doesn't stick out much and others it does.
tire from fender.jpg

2011-04-13_17-38-37_263.jpg
eating the inside...
lift install 002.JPG

2011-04-08_12-03-50_838.jpg

·
Registered
6,182 Posts

I'm saying how much past the stock rims' outside edge the new rims will stick out, while he might be saying how far past the fender they stick out.

With a 9 and a 0 mm you will likely have some trimming, and with the -12 mm and the Toyo's a lot of trimming, with just a leveling kit, but you shouldn't need to cut the outside of the Titan. Worst case, you might have to buy cam bolts so you can adjust your caster to move the wheels forward some, (if after the PWM you still rub too much).

The bracket lifts make a big difference for fitting rims that stick out more, but even they often have to trim because they usually want to fit 35's.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rbt, thanks alot for the additional photos man they really help. I definitely see where it's eating up inside your fender well, that sucks. Is that all from just the tire or did you cut any of that? It does look like your getting about 1 1/2 to 2" and I didn't even take into consideration that you have small flares on your truck. Your right the angle your looking at the truck really makes a difference.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Norcal 4x4 is correct. I used my old rockstars as a starting point being that they were flush so my math is based off those. The #'s would change from a factory starting pt. Norcal helped me tremendously when I was going thru this. You can see my damage in the pic above and I thought no biggie but if I hit the rt dip turning into say a parking lot, it pushes the tire even more in there and no current pics but the metal part is now altered and missing paint. I might have someone try to roll it and then heat my plastic to reshape it. I just want it to look professional like nothing was done.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
rbt, thanks alot for the additional photos man they really help. I definitely see where it's eating up inside your fender well, that sucks. Is that all from just the tire or did you cut any of that? It does look like your getting about 1 1/2 to 2" and I didn't even take into consideration that you have small flares on your truck. Your right the angle your looking at the truck really makes a difference.
no prob. Thats all tire. I was hoping it rub down to the pt where I wouldn't have to do anything but its still a little embarrassing trying to turn into a parking space and you hear this loud card in spokes noise. That pis wasn't dead center plus your rt it was off the flare so pretty close to the math on mine saying 2.25 out from my rockstars.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NorCal 4X4, I thought about that too because of the calculator rbt posted, it showed the difference in how much the new rims would stick out compared to the stock, but yeah I was looking at getting the rims and tires to stick out just a little more than rbt's (1 1/2 to 2") because I don't want my flares to stick too far out and look stupid.

I'm still indecisive because I'm worried that 5" backspace (0mm offset), 20X9" with 305/55R20's will only stick out like an inch total from the fender if that and that if I did go with -12mm offset It's going to require way too much cutting and still possibly result in rubbing.

I wish I knew what set-up the black titan has because it's almost perfect for me and he said he only gets minor rubbing at full lock and he only has a 2" level.

If anyone had to guess on the specs of this guys wheels, what would you say????:newgrin: I know they are 305/55R20 tires but don't have any clue of his backspace/ offset or rim width.:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no prob. Thats all tire. I was hoping it rub down to the pt where I wouldn't have to do anything but its still a little embarrassing trying to turn into a parking space and you hear this loud card in spokes noise. That pis wasn't dead center plus your rt it was off the flare so pretty close to the math on mine saying 2.25 out from my rockstars.
:lol: I can only imagine that sound, it would be pretty embarassing I hope I don't run into this problem with my truck, my wife would hate me :fight:. Considering what both you and NorCal 4X4 are saying I'm still indecisive because I don't want that sound but I still want to stick out about 1 1/2 to 2". I really want my wheels and tires to sit close to flush with pocket style flares, with necessary PWM to eliminate the rubbing.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
:lol: I can only imagine that sound, it would be pretty embarassing I hope I don't run into this problem with my truck, my wife would hate me :fight:. Considering what both you and NorCal 4X4 are saying I'm still indecisive because I don't want that sound but I still want to stick out about 1 1/2 to 2". I really want my wheels and tires to sit close to flush with pocket style flares, with necessary PWM to eliminate the rubbing.
ya, not happy when I roll up in a brand new 2011 Titan loaded plus aftermarkets and it sounds like a bucket....lol plus I have clunking and squeaking and rattling. I almost took it all off. I fixed the rattle. It was the dust shield on the rotor. Still have the squeaks and rub.
RATTLE:2011-04-10_12-38-24_754.mp4 video by rbessling - Photobucket

SQUEAK: http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/rbessling/?action=view&current=shocksqueakstill.mp4

JUST FOR FUN:2011-05-08_16-17-08_227.mp4 video by rbessling - Photobucket

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya, not happy when I roll up in a brand new 2011 Titan loaded plus aftermarkets and it sounds like a bucket....lol plus I have clunking and squeaking and rattling. I almost took it all off. I fixed the rattle. It was the dust shield on the rotor. Still have the squeaks and rub.
RATTLE:2011-04-10_12-38-24_754.mp4 video by rbessling - Photobucket

SQUEAK: shocksqueakstill.mp4 video by rbessling - Photobucket

JUST FOR FUN:2011-05-08_16-17-08_227.mp4 video by rbessling - Photobucket
Yeah I can see where that would get you frustrated at least the last video sounded good though LOL. I would take the damn front coilovers back to where you got them and tell them to replace that s**t, thats pretty sh**ty for brand new shocks or coilovers to do that s**t. Nice *** truck though man, I hope you figure out the squeaks and rattles.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just wanted to do a follow up for anybody viewing this thread.

I have my 2" level installed with my 20X9" RBP 94R wheels Black with chrome inserts, +10mm offset, 5.4" backspace wrapped in 33X12.50R20 Toyo OC MT's

I barely rubbed at full lock at the pich weld, did a little trimming no more rub, I actually wish I would have gone with the 0mm offset/ 5" backspace because I would like them to sit flush with my flares. Right now they stick out about 1.5" from fender (not the flare). Guess I will be buying some wheel spacers soon.

Attachments

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have 18x9 with a 4.5" backspacing and some 325/60/18 tires on them and the look great and stick out about 2"
Yeah I bet with that 4.5" backspace. You should post some pictures. Are you leveled or lifted?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Just wanted to do a follow up for anybody viewing this thread.

I have my 2" level installed with my 20X9" RBP 94R wheels Black with chrome inserts, +10mm offset, 5.4" backspace wrapped in 33X12.50R20 Toyo OC MT's

I barely rubbed at full lock at the pich weld, did a little trimming no more rub, I actually wish I would have gone with the 0mm offset/ 5" backspace because I would like them to sit flush with my flares. Right now they stick out about 1.5" from fender (not the flare). Guess I will be buying some wheel spacers soon.
Looks Great! You can see with you barely rubbing with a +10 how much I rub with a -12. I agree though it will look meaner and better with your rims / tires flush with your fender flares.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts