Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Titan through a wash yesterday and ever since then, the backup sensor does nothing but BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP when I back up. I thought maybe there was some sort of snow covering a sensor or something, but the bumper is completely clean.

What's the issue?

Also, the "Mist" option on my Titan doesn't work. I can't get any windshield wiper fluid to clean off my windshield when it gets dirty. Is it just frozen from 0-15 degree F weather? Or is there some sort of known problem with this?

What's the issue?

Anybody have experience with these issues?

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Use a hair dryer to make sure there is no frozen water in the sensors, then use some compressed air to blow them out!

If it is 15 outside, use that same hair dryer to defrost your lines that spray the washer fluid and then go buy some that does not freeze!!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Do it the old fashioned way and pee on it..LOL. The car wash did you in during the cold weather. If you have a heated garage, let your truck sit in there for a day and wipe them clean. If not, try heating them up and drying them out with a hair dryer like vip said.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
PTitan said:
Do it the old fashioned way and pee on it..LOL...
So now we know where your username comes from. :eeeek:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I park the truck in the garage. We keep it heated at 40 degrees. Started it up and backed out -- sensor was back to normal.

What I'm still having issues with is the wiper mist...

I hope it's not backed up at all.

I'm going to see what happens tomorrow with it and then take a blow dryer to it....that or take a cup of hot water out to it.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Yeah my windshield fluid now only comes out on the driver's side. I was recently in some winter weather, but it shouldn't be a problem now in LA

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Kortiz,

Same thing happened with me with the backup sensors, they were covered by frozen water.

Regarding the "Mist" option, I thought that mist meant to wash your windsheilds when I first tried my wipers out, but that is for removal of misty windsheild. basically a manual wipe when you need it. The washer part works on mine only when I pull the wiper knob towards me not up like the mist setting, but in towards me.

Hopefully that solves it for you too,

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
check the fuse box. look at the cover to see which one it controls

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've had the frozen water on the sensor do the same thing.

Also, the first time I changed the air filter, I got the hose for the washer fluid pinched when I replaced the cover. Prevented any fluid to go thru.

·
Registered
63 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
What's with this "frozen water"?...LMAO....isn't that just ICE? Sorry..couldn't resist!
Okay okay. How about a thin film of ice? Better? :)

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
DanaMac said:
Okay okay. How about a thin film of ice? Better? :)

Sorry....I was just being a azz-hole. :jester:

On a lighter note...I washed my truck today with lotsa liquid ice!....LMAO...geez I crack myself up sometimes!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
My garden hose only delivers pure "melted ice" LOL.I do have a big box in the kitchen to return it to it's original frozen state if necessary

·
Registered
63 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Sorry....I was just being a azz-hole. :jester:

On a lighter note...I washed my truck today with lotsa liquid ice!....LMAO...geez I crack myself up sometimes!
didn't take any offense. Knew you were playin'.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the same problem- windshield spray doesn't work anymore and it happened over winter. I thought it was just ice in the lines but it's been warm for quite a while now but it still doesn't work. What can I do to fix it?

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
I have the same problem- windshield spray doesn't work anymore and it happened over winter. I thought it was just ice in the lines but it's been warm for quite a while now but it still doesn't work. What can I do to fix it?
Check the washer motor fuse. Trace all the lines to make sure one is not pinched somewhere. If it still won't spray, you going to have to pull the lines apart and find the clog.

This is all assuming the washer pump is working.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Check the washer motor fuse. Trace all the lines to make sure one is not pinched somewhere. If it still won't spray, you going to have to pull the lines apart and find the clog.

This is all assuming the washer pump is working.
could it still be the fuse if the driver side works and pass side doesnt?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts