Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found out this little tidbit by tracking down some wiring. If any of you guys go through the same problem having to ohm out the circuit for the MAF to ECM, just beware that circuitry map is printed upside down for the ECM harness side. I attached a picture below. Hope it helps somebody.
Font Line Wall Mesh Parallel

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,860 Posts
that's weird. maybe the tech library guy flipped it accidentally? odd. that sucks there is no distinguishing notch or pin that makes it impossible to accidentally have it upside down

·
Registered
296 Posts
It's the way they orient the diagrams. As you can see from the pic just to the right of the pinout, that one is shown from the back (wire side) of the connector, not the front (pin/socket) side. So if you are tracing out a circuit from the front of the socket all of the pinouts would be reversed.

I've made this mistake more than once!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I found out this little tidbit by tracking down some wiring. If any of you guys go through the same problem having to ohm out the circuit for the MAF to ECM, just beware that circuitry map is printed upside down for the ECM harness side. I attached a picture below. Hope it helps somebody.
It's the way they orient the diagrams. As you can see from the pic just to the right of the pinout, that one is shown from the back (wire side) of the connector, not the front (pin/socket) side. So if you are tracing out a circuit from the front of the socket all of the pinouts would be reversed.

I've made this mistake more than once!
….I’m a little speechless. I can’t freaking believe that. I will say I just went through half (pretty much literally) of that 600 page Engine Control Systems portion of the tech manual to trace down my issue. Truck wouldn’t start and acted like it was skipping time. Turned out to be a loose ground on the left side timing cover 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 - 5 of 5 Posts