Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys when i bought my titan in december of 03 i was very ancious and made a few bad choices and now im not truly happy. i got a se 4x4 crew cab galaxy black w/ captains chairs, off road, big tow, pop package, utility bed, bed divider and extender. i am very paticular about my cars and the black really makes me unhappy because every day i go out i see another scratch which makes me very unhappy. i try very hard to keep it clean and scratch free but he black is so much harder to keep clean and shows more than i thought it would. i really wanted a silver titan but no one had a silver when i bought on thier lot. so now i think the only way for me to be happy is to get what i really wanted. ive talked to the dealer i purchased from and it would cost me 2000 dollars to get a new kc le 4x4 with big tow and utility which is all i use anyways. i know this is stupid and im losing money but would it be worth it if i was happy. what would you guys do? keep the truck and try not to worry about the color. i know thats the most logical answer but i am truly not happy with the color. i like the truck but i wish 1,000,000,000 times over i would have waited for that silver truck i wanted. all i am asking is for guidance from you guys in what you might do or think i should. the money is not an object as i have the 2000 i was going to get wheels, but every time i pass the wheel place i see a silver titan that i drool over at a dealer lot. please help me with this decision. your opinions will sway me one way or another as im very confident in my fellow titan brothers. thanks, john :crying:

·
Registered
211 Posts
If money isn't a problem, go get the silver T. There's no sense living every day in regret and that black isn't gonna get any easier to maintain. I love the black Titan, but didn't buy one because I knew I didn't have the patience to maintain the finish. I live on a dirt road and it would have been a joke. But MAN are they pretty when they're clean!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Colorado said:
If money isn't a problem, go get the silver T. There's no sense living every day in regret and that black isn't gonna get any easier to maintain. I love the black Titan, but didn't buy one because I knew I didn't have the patience to maintain the finish. I live on a dirt road and it would have been a joke. But MAN are they pretty when they're clean!
thanks for your speedy reply and i value your thought but i am not made of money i just work very hard for what i have but i would be happier with a silver but i have to go to a kc from my cc to make the deal work.

·
Registered
128 Posts
got_titan said:
hey guys when i bought my titan in december of 03 i was very ancious and made a few bad choices and now im not truly happy. i got a se 4x4 crew cab galaxy black w/ captains chairs, off road, big tow, pop package, utility bed, bed divider and extender. i am very paticular about my cars and the black really makes me unhappy because every day i go out i see another scratch which makes me very unhappy. i try very hard to keep it clean and scratch free but he black is so much harder to keep clean and shows more than i thought it would. i really wanted a silver titan but no one had a silver when i bought on thier lot. so now i think the only way for me to be happy is to get what i really wanted. ive talked to the dealer i purchased from and it would cost me 2000 dollars to get a new kc le 4x4 with big tow and utility which is all i use anyways. i know this is stupid and im losing money but would it be worth it if i was happy. what would you guys do? keep the truck and try not to worry about the color. i know thats the most logical answer but i am truly not happy with the color. i like the truck but i wish 1,000,000,000 times over i would have waited for that silver truck i wanted. all i am asking is for guidance from you guys in what you might do or think i should. the money is not an object as i have the 2000 i was going to get wheels, but every time i pass the wheel place i see a silver titan that i drool over at a dealer lot. please help me with this decision. your opinions will sway me one way or another as im very confident in my fellow titan brothers. thanks, john :crying:

So you want to change both colors and go from a crew to a king cab? I had a black 4runner for 7-8 years and you get use to the black......I would keep your truck you have......It is not worth it to me??

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Colorado said:
Ahaa! The plot thickens...
i know thats the only thing i really dont need the cc like i thought i did but i am taking a substantial hit doing it this way but i would be getting an le instead of a se. what do i do :jester: :huh:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
got_titan said:
All I can really say is that I had a 1997 black Camaro SS and found out really soon that being forced to wash a black vehicle 40 times a week and noticing every friggin scratch is not very pleasant. I will NEVER go back to black. Don't get me wrong, black looks REAL nice, but it's not worth the pain and agony. I went with a Smoke Titan and couldn't be happier with the color choice. It hardly shows dirt or anything. But honestly, I dont think its worth losing $2000 dollars....that's my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
got_titan said:
thanks for your speedy reply and i value your thought but i am not made of money i just work very hard for what i have but i would be happier with a silver but i have to go to a kc from my cc to make the deal work.
In your original post, you said "the money is not an object as i have the 2000", so which is it, do you have it or not?

If you have it and can justify it to yourself to throw away the money you already spent to get a different truck, do it. If you are doing it simply out of color envy, you are probably going to asking us this question again in a few months when the 2005 model colors are released.

My opinion, keep what you have, buy the new wheels and enjoy it. you have a fantastic truck already.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey John, sounds like you have already made your decision. If you really want silver, get it! Life is too short and your displeasure will only increase the longer you keep the black beauty. I have had three (and currently own a fourth) black vehicles. Every time I swear I'll never have another one but they always seem to find me. My current super fun car is a pain. It stays covered in the garage and every time I take the cover off for more than an hour, I have to dust if off before covering it again. If it had not been an original black car, I would have never repainted it black - but it sure looks super sitting at car shows. I have a Smoke Titan but will buy a Copper one next as it is the best color for not showing dust & dirt. Get what you really want and ENJOY it!

·
Registered
740 Posts
got_titan said:
i know thats the only thing i really dont need the cc like i thought i did but i am taking a substantial hit doing it this way but i would be getting an le instead of a se. what do i do :jester: :huh:
If you don't need the CC I say go for it. I don't think 2000 is much to pay for years of regreting your truck choice. When you keep your new Silver Titan for many years you will be happy with your decision and the $2000 won't seem like much.

Just as an aside, did you check other dealers to see if you could get a better deal?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
keane said:
If you don't need the CC I say go for it. I don't think 2000 is much to pay for years of regreting your truck choice. When you keep your new Silver Titan for many years you will be happy with your decision and the $2000 won't seem like much.

Just as an aside, did you check other dealers to see if you could get a better deal?
well yes i tried yesterday at another dealer and they really insulted me and told me that today we cant do business with me. the only place besudes my original dealer was a dodge dealership. i know, i know but they were the cheapest and very nice compared to some of these other nissan dealers. and yes to the other guy i do have the money and would gladly pay to be happy but i know money does not grow on trees and i am running out so thats why i was asking. thanks keane for your opinion

·
Registered
52 Posts
Black is an elegant color especially for a vehicle this big. When its clean and the windows tinted, the truck will get attention. Now, trying to match wheels for it, I think it would be easier to select the good ones with a black colored truck. Regardless, do what makes you happy and good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got a silver LE KC and love it. I've had black before and you have to keep it clean or it looks really bad. If you don't need the CC then the KC has plenty of room. Also, you are getting a LE which has most of the options you have in your SE except off-road package. Did you really plan on taking your black truck off-road? Anyway, keep your bed accessories since you can use them in the LE and get the upgrade! If you wait, you probably won't be able to get the dealer to do the trade without even more money. $2000 is not that much considering how much you are complaining about your black choice. You've already spent $30K so why not spend a little more and be happy.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I say you should hold on to it a little longer. I'm sure people that can't afford a brand new pickup are watching for used Titans to go up for sale. Wait a little longer so you can justify your loss by getting enough use out of the truck. I am planning on buying used, but honestly, if I ran across someone in your situation, I would consider a low mileage used Titan in a heartbeat. Your truck actually sounds perfect for me except I really want a bench front seat.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I feel your pain--

Making the decision is worse than having the black--LISTEN TO ME-strike while the iron is hot-GO GET THE VEHICLE YOU WANT NOW-Be happy-I agree with the others who say life is too short-and worrying about a situation :teethmast is worse than having to work your *** off to recoup the $2000-a lil hard work never killed anyone but that worrying @#$% is 4 the birds---So go get your truck-OK- a bit of [email protected]#$% or get off the pot!!! :futwice:

·
Registered
12 Posts
How much would it cost to go to an auto body shop and have the truck painted the way you want? I'm always seeing ads on TV and in the Paper saying that they can paint your car for around $500. You could probably get a nice paint job and some special pin stripes for $2000. Plus you get to keep your truck with all the options you originally chose.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Copper Titan still shows dirt

I got my Titan in Copper and while it was not first choice the color has really grown on me. It still shows dirt however. And we sure have a lot of dirt here in VT. As far as trading for a different color if you can afford the bump in the equity dept then trade the sucker in. If it is taking food off the table then perhaps try to sell it private party then order the one you want.

Good Luck

Sam :gunz:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
guys do you think i could sell for 31,000 which is below invoice the other truck im wanting is 31,610 msrp but there will have to be a dealer trade to get it. im so stupid for not getting what i wanted. :imwithstu

·
Super Moderator
35,736 Posts
got_titan said:
guys do you think i could sell for 31,000 which is below invoice the other truck im wanting is 31,610 msrp but there will have to be a dealer trade to get it. im so stupid for not getting what i wanted. :imwithstu
Man I feel for you. :crying:

Here's my 2 cents.

Get what you want and don't look back. No regrets, no shoulda, coulda, woulda.

Life has a way of evening things out. Your 2 grand may come back to you someday some way. The money is not worth the torture you are putting yourself through, and it is self-induced, take it from an expert!

But be advised, no matter what color you get, it's going to get scratched, dinged and dirty. It's the nature of the beast, it's a truck, a vehicle for hauling and towing stuff. It's thin metal that is going to get door dinged by others and maybe even yourself.

Most important in all this is, enjoy it while you can. It's a great truck no matter what color it is! :cheers:

37L1

·
Registered
727 Posts
I echo 37L1, reply & would add, if a portion needs to be further financed we are near historic lows across the board so consider the interest rate “dependant on credit” yada.. yada.. You may just find you have very little reason NOT TO extend your yearly plan way out. Perhaps someone @ Nissan could clue you in on future low finance promotions.

I’m sticking with black myself but I hear ya brother, it shows every little blemish.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts