Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the dealer says they wont cover since I have 55,000 on her. The sensor costs $225 at the local autozone. is there a way to jump it out like you can with an o2 cheater. I had these on my civic where you can tie inline with the o2 sensor to trick the computer to thinking they are in there. Anyway my code is 0102 and all the connections are tight.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Can't trick it, the MAF measures airflow to know how much fuel to give it, it changes with RPM and throttle position. An O2 eliminator simply gives a middle-of-the-road signal back and the ECU adjusts the AFR based on that. Not exactly the best or most efficient thing to do.

Can't do this with the MAF. Why would the dealer not replace it? You're under the 60k powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They said its under the emissions 3/36 warranty not the 5/60 powertrain. I just talked to Nissan and they said the internet isnt the best place to decode troublecodes and that all the sensors are linked together and just because its showing MAF, it may not be. Will the light go away and just be stored or will it stay on until its fixed?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
It will stay on as long as the condition exists. Expect poor fuel mileage until resolved.

Sucks about the warranty, looks like only the ECU and cats are covered under the long-term emissions warranty.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought it would dissappear after a while. This may have been caused by my AEM but thats been gone for over a year now. The battery died the other day and was dead overnight, which reset the ecu. I think the code just reappeared since it was cleared a long time ago.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Codes don't magically re-appear. If it's cleared and comes back then the problem is back or was never fixed.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealer said the light could go away but the code would be stored. I'm trying to see how long it could have been stored for.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
If it's a soft code, yes, it will "clear" after X number of restarts as long as the problem goes away. This does not mean it will re-appear after a dead battery unless the problem still exists.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts