Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not complaining about gas, i could care less its worth taking it up the butt to drive my beast :) anyways i have stock offroad pakge tires and they seem to loose air fast !! im filling them all up at least once a week.. and my low pressure lights always on...so tonight i go to fill them all up again and put them at 40 hoping it will last a little longer and maybe some better mpg well my front left was at 10PSI !!!! the right was at 20 and the back were 25 30..

i think my valves are going or someone unscrewed the stems some... anyways im going to take her to the dealer tomorow about it probabably...

so anyways anyone know why ? and could this contribute to my 11-13mpg ??? oh and thats highway miles.. 95% of its highway...

·
Super Moderator
160,769 Posts
Huh? You shouldn't have to fill the tires up that often. Once a month maybe. You runnin' on four flats there Killer? :lol: Not to start that whole debate over again, but try Nitrogen in them.

·
Super Moderator
93,609 Posts
It's probably your neighbors messing with you again, didn't you have problems with them in the past?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i know its killin me... bending over for like 10 minuites to fill them up cuz they are so low, then the light is so annoying ! i have free tires for 5 years on my truck no matter how they blow maybe i can convence them that they need replaced all at 5k miles lol

·
Super Moderator
160,769 Posts
Maybe if you quit causing an early demise for fluffy the Persian pet they so adore, they wouldn't be letting the air out of your tires? :dunno: Seriously, something is messed up. Like I said, maybe once a month. And to answer the other part of your question, yes. Low tire pressure can have a negative effect on your mileage.

·
Super Moderator
93,609 Posts
Is it all four tires at the same rate?

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
killcatzforfun said:
im not complaining about gas, i could care less its worth taking it up the butt to drive my beast :) anyways i have stock offroad pakge tires and they seem to loose air fast !! im filling them all up at least once a week.. and my low pressure lights always on...so tonight i go to fill them all up again and put them at 40 hoping it will last a little longer and maybe some better mpg well my front left was at 10PSI !!!! the right was at 20 and the back were 25 30..

i think my valves are going or someone unscrewed the stems some... anyways im going to take her to the dealer tomorow about it probabably...

so anyways anyone know why ? and could this contribute to my 11-13mpg ??? oh and thats highway miles.. 95% of its highway...

Take the truck to Discount Tire and have them patch any leaks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
could be neighbors.. no nails in the tires.. and the fronts go out faster then the backs... also i dont kill cats, its an online screen name... and why go to discount tires and pay to patch ? if i ever have a problem with my tires the dealer will replace for free for 5 years...they dont patch them or repair, they replace brand new...

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
If there are no nails in the tires. It may be possible that the O rings on the sensors may be the cause. Just an Idea. I am sure your dealer will take good care of it.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah my dealers really good... i hope they have to take the tires off so i can convence them to put them on my new wheels :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Carbeaux said:
Huh? You shouldn't have to fill the tires up that often. Once a month maybe. You runnin' on four flats there Killer? :lol: Not to start that whole debate over again, but try Nitrogen in them.
I don't know anything about a debate (although I'm sure there was one) but putting Nitrogen won't change anything as far as a leak in concerned.

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
Have you tried using a valve stem remover to tighten your valve stems? They only cost a few bucks at the local auto parts store.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Let the air out of them and put 2 cans of fix-a-flat in each tire!:jester:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I've had a slow leak in my one tire since new. It doesn't bother me. I just air it up about once a month or so. Funny thing is now that the tires have about 25000 miles on them and I'm getting ready to replace them, the one that kept losing air has stopped losing air!!! Once again, the inanimate objects win.... :bangit:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
in short, yes it will cause the mileage, and no nitrgen won't help. Likely it is the o-rings as mentioned above. They were a known problem way back. Dealer should be able to fix them, but call your SM to make sure he has the parts on hand before you show up.

·
Registered
167 Posts
master_1011 said:
I don't know anything about a debate (although I'm sure there was one) but putting Nitrogen won't change anything as far as a leak in concerned.
I don't know anything about the debate either and I don't run nitrogen. But I seen a poster on the walls in the tire places here that show the air molecules(sp?) compared to the nitrogen and I guess the nitrogen supposed to be larger which means less air escapes and they guarantee to only have to put air in your tires once a year. But I don't know how true that is, I don't have nitrogen in my tires, I drive a Titan, not a civic:jester:

But anywho! I had this same problem with the 2 front tires and all I had to do way tighten the sensors on the valve stems slightly. Try that, maybe you'll get lucky.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah im gunna take er in today or tomorow... right now my disney trip was cancled so were trying to book a cruise or something instead of sitting at home....

·
Registered
321 Posts
Footloose301 said:
I don't know anything about the debate either and I don't run nitrogen. But I seen a poster on the walls in the tire places here that show the air molecules(sp?) compared to the nitrogen and I guess the nitrogen supposed to be larger which means less air escapes and they guarantee to only have to put air in your tires once a year. But I don't know how true that is, I don't have nitrogen in my tires, I drive a Titan, not a civic:jester:

But anywho! I had this same problem with the 2 front tires and all I had to do way tighten the sensors on the valve stems slightly. Try that, maybe you'll get lucky.
I work on helicopters all day everyday and trust me...I have to refill the stinking tires just as much as you would on a car or truck. And we use nitrogen for it. Nitrogen also expands and contracts with heat/cold, but not to such a degree as regular air.

We also use nitrogen to pre-charge some hydraulic systems. There will be leaks so small we have to use leak-detector (basically soapy water) to find them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same issue with my original tires/sensors. Nissan replaced the tires, sensors...and I upgraded to the All-Terrain KO's and have had no probs since.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Footloose301 said:

well... actually you do... 78% to be precise :upsidedow

1 - 20 of 22 Posts