Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some may know, i've been cruising on here looking for a used bully dog for my truck. I say used since they are traditionally cheaper. Well i took the advice of 06TitanLE and checked out advance auto. They have it for sale on their website for 399.99. But i entered the code 06TitanLE gave me (P20) and presto chango its now 320 with free shipping. Sorry used BDGT sellers.....looks like the used price just dropped.

sidenote: not sure if the code i used was for first time buyers or not....

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
You will need to add sales tax to that amount if I'm not mistaken..

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
you're mistaken. It's 319.99 charged through my paypal account. Maybe its even cheaper and it comes out to that with sales tax....idk. Already bought and paid for

·
Registered
745 Posts
You will need to add sales tax to that amount if I'm not mistaken..

Only time you pay sales tax is when you buy from a place and they ship the product in state. If you buy from out of state, no sales tax can be charged.

Hence why online buying is changing the aftermarket world as we know it...There are still blow hard trying to best to hold on too there large profits and claim there cost is more than online places sell it. But its all a bunch of crap, everyone pays the same price from the company. They are just wanting more profits...

So Advance sells them for $320 shipped...I best the original cost is in the $250 range. And within a few months after this out of the gate surge of orders the price will drop too $299.00 all day long...

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
sucks. I tried to buy and out of stock. :(

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Advance Auto parts has locations in most states, so sales tax will apply.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not in Nevada. Wooooo

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
That's a good price, but in all reality, unless someone abused their's for some reason, it's still cheaper to buy a used one, even if it's 20 bucks cheaper. I'm one for saving any nickel I can. Buying off of Ebay is one thing, but I've come to trust certain members on here and take their word for something being in good condition. That's how I bought my GT. It was used, but in great shape, and still is. They all do the same thing. Not bashing on you or your thread, I'm just giving my opinion.

You're going to love it once you have it installed....

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
That price is great.......but they are already out of stock and will probably drag their feet restocking.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Good luck getting more from them. When something seems to good to be true it usually is. Your lucky they had any, that's a killer deal. I'll get $300 shipped for mine when I get uprev.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
that's the point of buying online. you will NOT be charged sales tax as it is basically coming from corporate.
Here's a cut and paste:

Generally speaking, if an online retailer maintains a physical presence in a state that charges a sales tax, then that online retailer must charge sales tax on any items that are sold to customers within the state. However, if the online retailer is selling an item to a customer outside of its home state, then it is not required to collect sales tax from that customer.

How Do Large Websites Avoid Sales Tax on Internet Sales?

You may be wondering how it is that large websites that have stores located in many states avoid putting sales tax on the purchases made over the internet. They do this by establishing subsidiaries that are solely responsible for the internet part of the business model.

Picture it this way: the store that you buy an item from online may be a different legal entity from the corresponding brick and mortar store that is in your local shopping mall. Because that particular online store does not have an actual physical presence within your state, it does not need to charge you sales tax. This is a highly controversial practice that will probably be legislated in the future as many brick and mortar stores that do not have online counterparts are losing sales to the tax-free internet shops.

However, this issue becomes even more complicated when the online retailer allows a customer to make returns to a brick and mortar store that is technically a separate legal entity. Consumers will buy an item online that is free from sales tax, but are then able to return those purchased items to brick and mortar stores.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Here's a cut and paste:

Generally speaking, if an online retailer maintains a physical presence in a state that charges a sales tax, then that online retailer must charge sales tax on any items that are sold to customers within the state. However, if the online retailer is selling an item to a customer outside of its home state, then it is not required to collect sales tax from that customer.

How Do Large Websites Avoid Sales Tax on Internet Sales?

You may be wondering how it is that large websites that have stores located in many states avoid putting sales tax on the purchases made over the internet. They do this by establishing subsidiaries that are solely responsible for the internet part of the business model.

Picture it this way: the store that you buy an item from online may be a different legal entity from the corresponding brick and mortar store that is in your local shopping mall. Because that particular online store does not have an actual physical presence within your state, it does not need to charge you sales tax. This is a highly controversial practice that will probably be legislated in the future as many brick and mortar stores that do not have online counterparts are losing sales to the tax-free internet shops.

However, this issue becomes even more complicated when the online retailer allows a customer to make returns to a brick and mortar store that is technically a separate legal entity. Consumers will buy an item online that is free from sales tax, but are then able to return those purchased items to brick and mortar stores.
ok, so where exactly is your rebuttal? If i buy an item in a Tennessee store and return it to an Alabama store do you think i get the Tennessee sales tax back? No i do not, and yes i have experienced this first hand.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
ok, so where exactly is your rebuttal? If i buy an item in a Tennessee store and return it to an Alabama store do you think i get the Tennessee sales tax back? No i do not, and yes i have experienced this first hand.
There is no rebuttal. If you buy from Advance Auto Parts online, and they have a physical presence in your state, you will pay sales tax.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Children children!! You two sound like old ladies bickering. Who cares?? You're both right, now move on. Sheesh!

That's a good price, but in all reality, unless someone abused their's for some reason, it's still cheaper to buy a used one, even if it's 20 bucks cheaper. I'm one for saving any nickel I can. Buying off of Ebay is one thing, but I've come to trust certain members on here and take their word for something being in good condition. That's how I bought my GT. It was used, but in great shape, and still is. They all do the same thing. Not bashing on you or your thread, I'm just giving my opinion.

You're going to love it once you have it installed....

I'm the type to pay the extra $20 if for nothing else but the opportunity to be able to have someone to complain and send it back to should it be defective. Plus, i'll register the product in my name and have the peace of mind of a warranty. Fingers crossed i'll never have to use it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It looks like they have some instock. I went thru and it didn't give me the normal message of "0" quantities available. Those looking for a cheap BDGT might want to check this out. It does show the price now at $405.99 so that went up but the P20 code works for 20% off.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Truckcustomizers.com has the BDGT for $399.99 with free overnight shipping. Also unless they have a lot of stores it makes state sales tax a mute point.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Truckcustomizers.com has the BDGT for $399.99 with free overnight shipping. Also unless they have a lot of stores it makes state sales tax a mute point.
Sorry my post is kind of misleading. The BDGT after the coupon is only $324 plus some change. this is prior to tax.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update: Just got mine in the mail today. Weekend install here i come!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts