Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took a 1200 mile road trip and the bug spatter has actually pitted the clear-coat. Its an '06 Titan with 10,000 miles and I can't believe the paint is in such a bad condition. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is paint covered by warranty?:mad:

·
Super Moderator
93,865 Posts
Did you have any wax or polish on it?

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
The Titans paint is thin and is prone to chipping and damage from bug splatter, like em or not if you want to protect your paint get a bug shield.

·
Super Moderator
93,865 Posts
BigA said:
The Titans paint is thin and is prone to chipping and damage from bug splatter, like em or not if you want to protect your paint get a bug shield.
A good coat of polish and wax will keep "bug splatter" from damaging your paint.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Do you have a bug shield?

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Bringing one out of retirement here.........has anyone used the Nissan touch up pens with the clear coat on one end and paint on the other? I tried to touch my truck up, but it just doesnt match up like i had hoped. At least it's better than bare or rusted metal i guess. It's just i can walk by and notice the difference easily.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I was thinking about getting some of that to touch up some spots on my truck.. I swear it seems like you can rub your finger across the paint and scratch it...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I set a manilla folder on my hood, and when I picked it up, it dragged and scratched the hood. Gimme' a break!
A good thick coat of carnuba helps, but it definitely needs thicker paint.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yea its some bullsh*t!!! I can't believe the paint isn't thicker than that.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Ha.. I need something to touch my truck bad! Cause about a month ago i backed into my buddies girlfriends beamer.. Yea i know. It didn't dent it, just made a few pretty good scratches on the passenger quarter...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts