Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have 25,000 miles on my truck and I'm getting pretty heavy vibrations in the front end of my truck and in the steering wheel. Is this warped rotors? And at this mialage is this rare?

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
978 Posts
i assume you mean the vibration happens only when you apply the brakes? I ask, because you didn't mention when it happens. If so, then it is a safe bet that it is the rotors. Happened to me at about the same mileage.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,417 Posts
kman said:
i assume you mean the vibration happens only when you apply the brakes? I ask, because you didn't mention when it happens. If so, then it is a safe bet that it is the rotors. Happened to me at about the same mileage.
Got my brake judder at 28,000.

Check the TSB for it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kman said:
i assume you mean the vibration happens only when you apply the brakes? I ask, because you didn't mention when it happens. If so, then it is a safe bet that it is the rotors. Happened to me at about the same mileage.
Oh yeah, only happens when I apply the brakes at high speeds. Looking into replacing the front rotors with Stillen aftermarket rotors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Have had the truck in to the dealer a few times for judder. 10K, 23K & most recently at 52K. I asked about after market parts and didn't get much information. Where can I get good information on replacement brake parts? The original stuff obviously doesn't work that well.

Any info would be much appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
978 Posts
SeanVree said:
Oh yeah, only happens when I apply the brakes at high speeds. Looking into replacing the front rotors with Stillen aftermarket rotors.
a couple of guys here have the stillen rotors, and some have the brake kit (bigger rotors, new calipers... etc) I don't think you can go wrong with them, they'll just lighten your wallet a few bills or more. The brake fix for the Titan is a redesigned rotor, and since i've had mine fixed i have had no issues after 20K miles on them. good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I have 33,000 on my truck, had the rotors turned about 2000 miles ago and the vibration is back. New rotors and how much $$ are we talking about?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
978 Posts
Miked1182 said:
I have 33,000 on my truck, had the rotors turned about 2000 miles ago and the vibration is back. New rotors and how much $$ are we talking about?
$0, its under warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Miked1182 said:
I have 33,000 on my truck, had the rotors turned about 2000 miles ago and the vibration is back. New rotors and how much $$ are we talking about?
Yeah it's under warr. but just like my Nissan. They turned the rotors at 21,000miles and added new pads. That's it to fix my brake judder problem. I expect the problem to come back. Nissan said, my rotors were warpped and took off
.004 and added new pads. Next time this happens I'm getting New rotors with Nissan or Not. 36,000 is not that far off....:crying:
My truck is a 06 models which had the fix already installed. I call BS since the inside of the door MFG label read Nov. 05 I don't know, I just want the vibration in the steering to go away. No fun at all."misslelau :teeth:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wait. . .so there was a recall on these brakes? Or why would warreny cover something like rotors being warped? Isn't that normal wear and tear?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,061 Posts
No recall, because it really isn't an extremely unsafe condition where you might actually lose brakes, etc. There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) for them though, which basically means, Nissan is aware there is a problem, and if a vehicle comes in that exhibits that problem, they fix it, for free, just like a recall. All covered under warranty. Not having to do a full blown recall saves them money in the long run.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
54warrior said:
No recall, because it really isn't an extremely unsafe condition where you might actually lose brakes, etc. There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) for them though, which basically means, Nissan is aware there is a problem, and if a vehicle comes in that exhibits that problem, they fix it, for free, just like a recall. All covered under warranty. Not having to do a full blown recall saves them money in the long run.

Ahh, well, I guess I'll take her in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
I am at 23,500 and had the same thing....I took her in yesterday, and they told me they replaced my rotors....I actually think the just turned them...but it's all gone and no big deal....I only felt the vibration about 45mph, but it was real bad @70+ mph.........paind zero, warranty covered it....
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top