Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put in my system from my old car. I decided to leave the stock RF 6 disc cd changer in so I just spliced the wires going to that for my rca's. Everything plugged in and everything works. However in my old car and old sealed box I could only turn my amp up 1/3 of the way before I had more than enough bass. With my Titan I have it turned up all the way on the amp and 0 on the RF deck and I'm getting hardly any bass at all. I have the stock sub/amp still wired up, I haven't touched those yet. Could those be the problem? Is it somehow wired up that the stock stuff get more power or a primary power? The subs are in just standard truck sealed boxes so could that be the problem too? I am waiting for some sub box carpet to arrive so I can finish my custom box but I was just wondering if I did something wrong or if removing the stock amp/sub will make it sound better.

Here are the specs as to what I put in the Titan.

2004 Titan LE KC

Rockford Fosgate P400-2
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...n_US&p_status=

Two 10" JL Audio w1v2
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...p?series_id=15
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
Did you use a LOC to hook up your amps?

With the factory RF setup if you splice in the LOC before the factory amp the output signal is very weak and thats one reason you are probably getting a very low signal to your amp.

If you are ONLY going to hook up subs and leave the rest of the speakers stock I suggest you install your LOC at the plug for the factory sub under the drivers seat. If you loosen the seat bolts you can lean the seat back and get to the plug. This will give you a good strong signal for the LOC and provide a decent preamp for the P400-2.

If you have any more questions let us know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so just simple relocating the location of the LOC is all I need to do? That sounds easy enough. I don't know what an LOC is, but what I spliced into the stock wires was this box with two rca female connectors on one end, then the other end had open wires, rear left +/-, rear right +/-, ground, 12v power, and remote wire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
Jon_UT said:
so just simple relocating the location of the LOC is all I need to do? That sounds easy enough. I don't know what an LOC is, but what I spliced into the stock wires was this box with two rca female connectors on one end, then the other end had open wires, rear left +/-, rear right +/-, ground, 12v power, and remote wire.
Yep that should do it!

That sounds like an LOC to me... did it have any words on it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just a little diagram telling me what wire was what, but cool man. Thanks for the help :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
Jon_UT said:
just a little diagram telling me what wire was what, but cool man. Thanks for the help :)
NP! Hook it up to the sub leads and you will get much better output. The factory sub sux so just unhook that anyway... :)

BE SURE TO TURN YOUR AMP GAINS DOWN BEFORE YOU TURN IT BACK ON! Put the HU at about 3/4 volume then turn the gain up on the amp till it sounds distorted, then turn the amp back down just a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Under the driver's seat you will find a connector going to the stock sub. It will have 4 wires on the connector. Just remember white is (+) there is a brown(-) & brown with white stripe(+).......then a black (-) & white (+).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BMF'n Titan said:
Under the driver's seat you will find a connector going to the stock sub. It will have 4 wires on the connector. Just remember white is (+) there is a brown(-) & brown with white stripe(+).......then a black (-) & white (+).
which ones are associated with the left speakers, and the right speakers?
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top