Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I'm not trying to offend the TT member that traded with me because I know it was not his fault but I just wanted to warn everybody else about the dangers of swapping parts.
First off DO NOT USE DHL! these bastards haven't got a clue! When the tracking number is showing no activity from the day it was supposedly shipped then that means it hasnt gone anywhere. When the rep tells you that the site doesnt always show the most current location but that it will arrive as stated, thats wrong...Anytime a package is move from one location to the next it is scanned into tyhe computer, there's no other way to do it.
Second, get insurance, especially if the freight is cheap its worth it. The shipping cost for my grill was $17 but the replacement cost fron Nissan is $400. that sucks.
Third, go with your instinct. I didnt post the "wtt thread" and my chrome grill is worth more than the painted one. Not that i had any reason to not trust a complete stranger who i've never chatted with before but, I waited almost a week before sending his grill out because i saw no movement on the DHL tracking page.
Summary: USPS got him his grill in 3 days (priority mail) mine has been declared lost by DHL, no insurance so they'll pay a $100 lost fee but that doesnt cover the $400 cost from Nissan.
Dang, i could have just painted my chrome grill black for $10:teeth:

·
Super Moderator
160,795 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carbeaux said:
Hey thanks for finding that, i gotta wonder if its the whole grill assembly or just the chrome trim.
You know if I have to buy a grill, it might as well not be the factory one?
but thanks none the less.

·
Super Moderator
160,795 Posts
jasonmotox said:
Hey thanks for finding that, i gotta wonder if its the whole grill assembly or just the chrome trim.
You know if I have to buy a grill, it might as well not be the factory one?
but thanks none the less.
NOW you're reading my mind! I was thinking something like a Speedcraft Grill? :thedevil:

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carbeaux said:
NOW you're reading my mind! I was thinking something like a Speedcraft Grill? :thedevil:
yeah like the one on the F150 with built in fogs!:upsidedow in Petersons4wheel mag?

·
Super Moderator
160,795 Posts
jasonmotox said:
yeah like the one on the F150 with built in fogs!:upsidedow in Petersons4wheel mag?
Hella makes a kit for the F150 that has that. It's a shame there's not one for our Titans!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Sorry man. I have a complete chrome one for 150 bucks shipped. I was trying to sell it for a 100 but the shipping is a hundred from AK to Tx. Gotta make something on it. Pm me if your intersted.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
AF-Medic said:
Sorry man. I have a complete chrome one for 150 bucks shipped. I was trying to sell it for a 100 but the shipping is a hundred from AK to Tx. Gotta make something on it. Pm me if your intersted.
Shipping for a grill this high????

That's insane!!!!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
AF-Medic said:
That is pretty pricey. I shipped the rather heavy and extremely bulky k-cover that I had for roughly $65 I think using UPS I thought. It was sent to me using Yellow so you might want to try that option.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The shipping is that high because its coming from Alaska. It's not as easy as dropping it on a pig on a train and waiting three days.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dang I'm so mad I forgot I already posted about this!:hahafu:
Hey guys, thanks for all the advise. I think I'm going to chuck it up for an experiance and move on. Definitly thinkin its a good enough excuse for my wife to allow me to get a sweet aftermarket grill?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
heck yeah play the sad lil puppy card. Or take hers and then she will need one and then you could get what you want for hers and swap em again and you are golden then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts