Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! So I'm wanting to remove the badges and trim line on my truck. Problem is, I've never done that before! If someone could explain how to do it that would be awesome!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not sure about the trim but the badges are just on with double sided tape/adhesive. They pop right off- just pry gently with a small screw driver. Then you have to remove the remaining adhesive. Goof-off or Goo Gone work good for me.

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,591 Posts
Use fishing line to remove the badges. No scratches or dents.

·
Registered
256 Posts
i use a hair dryer, but since its Hell on Earth right now it should be nice and easy to take them off. Use fishing line or floss. Then use some alcohol to remove any residue

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm also thinking of removing the badges from my truck. There's something about a super clean, almost stealthy, look that I dig.

That being said, I've looked around online for blank versions of the grille and tailgate pieces that have NISSAN on them. All I've found were replacements that have the holes for the badging. Any ideas where to find true blank pieces?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
You'll have to do the grille mod for the front and fill in the plastic for the back. They don't make blanks without the Nissan symbol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
harbor-freight has the perfect heat gun$10. hair dryer will work. fishing line behind badge GENTLY. 3M adhesive remover with soft clean cloth.Touchup wax as needed. I removed every badge/advertisement on the beast(Rat). lots of compliments,even have been asked "who is the manufacturer. CLEAN!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Completely agree with kimday about the removal procedure AND the results. "CLEAN"...especially true if you have a black Titan. HOWEVER...if you have chrome elsewhere on the truck (grill, bumpers, door handles, mirrors, etc.) then I'd leave the chrome badging on.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Removing the Titan's badges off of the truck is straight GHETTO!!

NO...leasing a 2009 Cadillac Escalade for $1100/month while you share a $600/mo apartment with yo baby-momma is "GHETTO".

Removing badges off your truck is simply a matter of personal taste.

Reactions: curt922

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used a hair dryer to warm up the glue, then pliers to just pull each letter off. The foam/adhesive (you'll see what I'm talking about after each chrome piece is pulled off) is a royal pain to remove. You'll have to roll all the foam off with your fingers and then worry about the leftover glue/residue. My truck is black so this was especially frustrating, as everything shows. Do yourself a favor: buy some "TArminator". Its a tar/bug remover spray and works wonders on getting the remaining glue and residue off. You'll thank me later...

·
Registered
712 Posts
I used a hair dryer to warm up the glue, then pliers to just pull each letter off. The foam/adhesive (you'll see what I'm talking about after each chrome piece is pulled off) is a royal pain to remove. You'll have to roll all the foam off with your fingers and then worry about the leftover glue/residue. My truck is black so this was especially frustrating, as everything shows. Do yourself a favor: buy some "TArminator". Its a tar/bug remover spray and works wonders on getting the remaining glue and residue off. You'll thank me later...
I've used Goo Gone and it works well. Get ready for your hands to smell like citrus, and it takes a while to go away:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts