Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a lot of you guys here are doing to down me for doing it but hear me out. I am going to slam the truck all the way down so I can lay the frame on the ground. I have had bagged trucks in the past. So I know what I am getting into....
So here it is and my reason supporting my decision.
I am a paraplegic in a wheelchair. Right now, I cannot even get into my new truck. I knew that going into it. I plan on having the bags done at Ekstensive in Houston. They have been around for years and they know what they are doing. The plan is to make it lay frame on the ground so that I can easily transfer into the truck.

I have seen some custom made spindles for lowering the front and I had a few questions on things to look out for. Are there any gotchas out there for those that have done this level of work?

Also, are there any pictures out there of bagged Titans?
I have seen a blue one, grey one, and orange one. But that is just about it. I would like to see some more.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I would love to bag mine!! No slams from me! I have even talked to Air Ride Technologies about a kit, but to no avail. I'm half way across the country from you and have no local help. Any info you find out, post here as I'll suscribe for new info. Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Oh by the way, Welcome, as I have just noticed that this was your first post!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am trying to get up to 15 post so that I can post the pictures on this website. I have them ready to submit...a few more post and I am there.

I will check out the other website as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I am a paraplegic in a wheelchair.
Oh you know the first flamer's going to hell....:domohit:

Those spindles look real nice...
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Dude you have the best reason for a slammed truck. It actually has a use besides show!

Whenever you get it slammed, throw up some pics!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Whats up man, I didnt bag my Titan but I just sold my bagged body dropped tacoma. Those spindles up top were made by Max at Bio Kustomz and the owner of them lives in Florida and they are for sale. Hit up the Buy/sell area for more info. Extensive is going to make that thing look sick. hit up streetsourcemag.com for more info and ask some questions on there...you will get more detailed answers. good luck man.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info posted on here. I am setting up a meeting with Ekstensive to go over the details of the job. They did an Armada and they had to put a Chevy front end on it. They said it was easier than building a one off custom Nissan one. Plus the parts were plentiful as far as spindles, control arms, etc. They said that the spindles were the part that caused the most headache. They don't have the clearance to go low.

·
Registered
484 Posts
You could always look at Kristi's ride on CT she has a custom setup that allows her to sit in her wheelchair while in the truck.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have the spindles for sale and they are built to go low and headaches will not be a problem. They will need to build you upper and lower control arms but thats a walk in the park for ekstensive. Let me know if you are interested in the spindles.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
baseballfanz said:
That is nice..I wonder what size rims he had on there. I am having trouble with a size decision. When I see 22's on one they look too small for this truck with low profile tires on them.

FFTitan,
I discussed the spindles with them and they seem to be set in their ways as far as how they would want to do it. Once we get a firm rim size down, we can decide on how we are going to accomplish the task. In the past on an Armada and some other ones, they used Chevy spindles to do the task. It allows them to mount the uppers in a lower position so that the camber is easier to keep in allignment. The issue is that the stock spindles are so long. Because of that, it makes suspension travel with bags an issue. These trucks were not designed to have so much suspension travel.

·
Registered
217 Posts
bdmpastx said:
.....Also, are there any pictures out there of bagged Titans?
I have seen a blue one, grey one, and orange one. But that is just about it. I would like to see some more.
Here's one...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sweet Toyota ALDAMAN!

I have seen that truck too that you posted up.

Anyone have a clue what size rims Keelis Nissan had?

·
Registered
562 Posts
looks really sweet man...would look even better if the rims were an inch or so bigger though

in about a year you're gonna want to body drop it :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts