Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been going round and round about bed covers and was wonder if anyone has purchased that "BAK Flip Tonneau Cover"? To me it seems to be the smartest buy but not sure, any suggestions!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have one!
Looks great IMHO...matches the trim and plastic very well. Looks like an OEM piece.
It locks easily and for the most part is water resistant. It does leak a little and I keep anything that needs to stay dry in a rubbermaid plastic bin.
Got it at autoeverything.com for about 525.00

·
Registered
461 Posts
Had mine about six months and I love it, The idea that it just folds out of the way is great. Especially picking stuff up at the home centers that are over sized. The cover leaks a little in the front and by the tailgate, But I think when I get around to sealing it better it should be better as far as the leaking goes. All and all great cover.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
It looks nice, I will order me one bofore next winter. I checked autoanything.com and they wanted 636.00 for it with free shipping. I did not see an application for the utility trac system. Does anybody that has one run with the utiliti system? I need the price to go down on them too. Looks sweet cant wait.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
jbglenn said:
It looks nice, I will order me one bofore next winter. I checked autoanything.com and they wanted 636.00 for it with free shipping. I did not see an application for the utility trac system. Does anybody that has one run with the utiliti system? I need the price to go down on them too. Looks sweet cant wait.
yeah i have utilitrack, you just need to flip the rails upside down for the bakflip to fit.
i bought from autoanything as well, but it was last year and i only paid $546 shipped. plus i called to complain when they took longer to ship than they told me, and they took an additional 5% off. expect them to take about a month to get it to you.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Lurchdubious said:
yeah i have utilitrack, you just need to flip the rails upside down for the bakflip to fit.
i bought from autoanything as well, but it was last year and i only paid $546 shipped. plus i called to complain when they took longer to ship than they told me, and they took an additional 5% off. expect them to take about a month to get it to you.

Now I'm tempted....But what do you mean " Flip the rails upside down"? please be specific. What kind of job is that.
My ride is only 1 month old and there's no way I'm drillin' into it.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Since you won't drill into your new ride, I won't tll you what I did that I think was great.

So, I'll tell the rest, again - Got rid of the clamps after a few weeks, drilled every 12 inches and used Stainless PopRivets of 1/8 " x 1/4# length. Closer spacing near the lifts. Looks much slicker.

Love my BakFlip. Does not have the painted emblem I see on others above.

LocTite will soften with heat applied by a blowdryer or industrial heat gun.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Skyboi said:
Now I'm tempted....But what do you mean " Flip the rails upside down"? please be specific. What kind of job is that.
My ride is only 1 month old and there's no way I'm drillin' into it.
no drilling whatsoever, just unscrew the rails and reinstall them upside down to give you enough clearance on top to allow for the bakflip install.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I also drilled mine, Because when I received it UPS it didn't have the hardware kit and I couldn't wait a week for Bak indust. to send me a hardware kit to install it. I am glad I did bolt it on looks better than the clamps. Like blue said it does look slicker..

·
Registered
4 Posts
ultimatetruck has the Bak Flip for $538.65 w/ free shipping after using their 10% off coupon (UTSAVE). I have not used this business before, but they are the cheapest I've found for this product. I just wish I had the cash to spend on it!

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
texan86 said:
does the cover lock? or does it lock good enough to store stuff back there without getting it stolen easily?
it doesn't come with it's own lock, but your tailgate locks and w/o that open it's hard to open the cover.....unless you have a crowbar. i feel like it's secure enough. outta sight, outta mind.

·
Registered
461 Posts
texan86 said:
does the cover lock? or does it lock good enough to store stuff back there without getting it stolen easily?
The cover doesn't lock with a key but it has a cable that runs from one side to the other on the inside, that you pull on to release the locking mechanism.
If your worried about securing things in your bed with this cover It's not the most secure cover but it is better than most of them. Due to the fact that a crook won't know where to break in because there is no visible handle and no visible key hole to pick. You would have to pry on the BAK flip to get it open which makes noise. Not many crooks walking the streets have a prybar on hand they usually have a screwdriver or two. The other covers that have the key locks are easy to pick which doesn't make any noise. Nothing is 100% but in my opinion the bak Flip is harder to break into.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well thanks for all the input on this bed cover. I went ahead and ordered mine from truckchamps.com they offered free shipping and also a free tailgate seal. I will try to post pictures as soon as I get it in and installed.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
bigboytitan said:
Well thanks for all the input on this bed cover. I went ahead and ordered mine from truckchamps.com they offered free shipping and also a free tailgate seal. I will try to post pictures as soon as I get it in and installed.
yeah i wanna see this tailgate seal you speak of...

congrats, BTW!

·
Registered
183 Posts
To remove the cover would take removing just 2 bolts and disconnecting the hydraulic struts. Could be done really quick but I can't think of any reason I would ever want to remove it....just open it up. I have had it on the freeway going 75mph with it open with no problems.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts