Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BAK Industries is FANTASTIC !!! with PICS

I wanted to take a moment to express how tremendously impressed I am with BAK Industries. I wanted the BAKFlip F1 for my new 2011 Pro-4X but was concerned about having to flip the UtiliTrack rails and the potential impact to my accessories (Bed Divider and Bed Extender.) I contacted BAK and spoke with Julian Maimin (Owner/President) and expressed my concern about the typical method of install. I asked if they could provide a screw mounted option and he indicated that they could. I placed an order with my retailer of choice and had them indicate to BAK my conversation with Julian. I received my cover about 5 days later.

The rails were pre-drilled for mounting and self tapping screws were supplied. I discovered that the flange that the clamps usually mount to would interfere with my UtiliTrack accessories. I contacted BAK and they offered to ship the rails back for trimming. Since I live in Northern California I asked if I could drive to their facility to have the rails trimmed. Julian indicated that he would welcome the visit.

I visited their facility in San Fernando yesterday morning. Julian greeted me and inspected the truck. He grabbed one of his guys (Gregorio) and set immediately to work. They expected to have the rails trimmed and the cover installed in about 30 minutes. An hour later I find Julian and Gregorio both in the bed of my truck working on my cover ! Julian indicated that he was not satisfied with how my accessories were working with his cover and had set about disassembling and redesigning the bolts and knobs for my bed divider and bed extender track carriers. He also designed a solution for the prop rod such that it would also work better with my application. 2 -1/2 hours later they were done. We shook hands and Julian sent me on my way with a fantastic custom install.

Julian went well beyond my expectations. He and his company are a class organization. Everyone I came into contact with was pleasant, accommodating, friendly and professional. I am very pleased with look, function, security and waterproofness of my new BAKFlip F1 (I car wash tested it as soon as I got home !). The BAKflip is a much more elegant solution than the Access Roll Top I had on my previous Titan. I cannot thank Julian and his team enough for their customer service and attention to detail.

THANKS !!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
Pics? Let's see it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I rained all day today. I'll take some and post tomorrow. It really looks nice.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Cool, been thinking of the signature canvas trifecta by extang or the bak flip. Still undecided.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i love my bak flip...did they say its an issue there gonna tackle on a widespread new production....especially after seeing what we actually run into once we get them home? i mean i love mine and wouldnt get another brand ever again once owning one but it does kinda bum ya out when u have to flip the rails and have the extender a little tweaked in order to use

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Looks fantastic drviffer! Thanks for sharing the great experience you had with Bak. They certainly delivered top notch service! Always makes me chuckle when I see/hear stories of "great" customer service when all the company did was deliver the product on time or "apologized" for a mistake. That's the minimum!!! :bangit:

All the research I did indicated that Julian was a class act. He seems to address issues quickly and understands that good service comes "AFTER" the sale.

Can't wait to get my Bak Flip F1 I ordered in the GB we had recently. Hopefully it'll be here before the big meet we have on the 25th... :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you flip the rails the bed divider will no longer be possible. anyone figured out how to use an F1 and keep the bed divider?

·
Registered
899 Posts
If you flip the rails the bed divider will no longer be possible. anyone figured out how to use an F1 and keep the bed divider?
Could you just chop a couple of inches off the bottom of it? I don't have one, so I don't know if it's possible.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I can't with tools I have; the thing is solid metal but a good idea none-the-less. I'm going to check it out tomorrow and see if a possibility somehow. thanks.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have the bed extender and that was my plan if it didn't fit.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I know this is a few months old but why the F- don't they do this from the factory???!

To the OP I'm thinking about getting one, all you did was ask if they could provide it with screws and trim the rails? I'm going to be traveling to Oregon soon; do you have a Point of contact I could get with?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts