Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got this installed today at the BAK Industries warehouse. It's the Roll-X cover. The CEO Julian and the staff were very helpful. What I like about this cover is that it's flush and very easy to open and close. It's very secure once the tailgate is locked. Since it rolls up, it doesn't take up any bed space like some covers that have canisters. Also, it doesn't really block the view out of the back window like some tri fold models. It's about the height of the rear headrest when it's rolled up.

Only drawback so far is the Utilitrac had to be flipped.

UPDATE:
The bed divider cannot be used if the tracks are flipped.
The bed extender can be used. Just adjust the width of the bed extender.

Roll-X Tonneau Cover review - YouTube

·
Registered
2,060 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks very sharp!

I had considered this one, but went with the Extang Revolution (just installed yesterday)... thought the Roll-X looked like it rolled up pretty big at the front which is a big reason why I went with the Revolution... but after seeing these pics... it doesn't look too bad afterall.

Congrats!
:thumbsup:

(PS - also noticed you flipped your bed rails)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Does flipping the utilitrack rails prevent us from using the sliding bed divider accessory?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Flipping the track lowers it about 1-2". I can't slide my bed extender bracket through because the track is blocked near the tailgate. I believe other utili-track accessories might work. The bed divider might sit at an angle since the track is lower.

EDIT: I don't think the bed divider will work with the tracks flipped. Looking at pictures, it doesn't look like the bed divider can sit at an angle.

·
Registered
149 Posts
No, the bed divider wouldn't work with the rails flipped and even the extender brackets will likely need some slight modification to work (though perhaps not). That is why I didn't do it and bought the tonneau clamps that mount in the rail itself. This way, at least I can use the bed divider if I still want too, its just not as easy to remove now - will have to remove the rear tonneau clamps (and middle ones too depending on where I want the divider). But the good think with these rail clamps is they only take a couple minutes to remove each one so 10mins is all it would take.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Looks great installed!
Thanks!

Mike @ TAP confirmed that a bed extender can be used with the tracks flipped.

FYI a bed extender won't work with the Roll-X. The Roll-X tracks and the security locks get in the way.

Flipped tracks:
Bed divider = no
Bed extender = yes

Flipped tracks with BAK Roll-X:
Bed extender = yes. The width of the bed extender is adjustable.

·
Registered
149 Posts
FYI a bed extender won't work with the Roll-X. The Roll-X tracks and the security locks get in the way.
I'm having a similar issue with the Revolution. My extender won't work the usual way (it won't flip in and out because it hits the tonneau rails... but I can get it to work by putting the extender in the bed then connecting it to the brackets (I can raise it just enough to get it to latch into the bracket). Then to use it as an extender I unhook it from the brackets, set it on the open tailgate, then raise it and latch it into the brackets from that side.

So it will work, but not the way it should by just flipping from one side to the other... I have to unhook from the brackets, flip it, then reattach to brackets.... but at least it works.

That Roll-X sure looks nice though. :rockon

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I did some searching online and found that some tonneau cover companies make bed extender adapters for the Titan. It looks like it brings the brackets closer to the middle but I don't know if this requires the bed extender to be bent to fit.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I did some searching online and found that some tonneau cover companies make bed extender adapters for the Titan. It looks like it brings the brackets closer to the middle but I don't know if this requires the bed extender to be bent to fit.
Can you post a link up on this?

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your new Cover looks great! I just ordered the same one yesterday. My question is this. Does the Utilitrack Rail have to be turned over for it to fit or does it come with brackets for the utilitrack?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Your new Cover looks great! I just ordered the same one yesterday. My question is this. Does the Utilitrack Rail have to be turned over for it to fit or does it come with brackets for the utilitrack?

Thanks,
Steve
It's in his first post, that's why I linked it :cheers:

Only drawback so far is the Utilitrac had to be flipped.

UPDATE:
The bed divider cannot be used if the tracks are flipped.
The bed extender can be used. Just adjust the width of the bed extender.

Roll-X Tonneau Cover review - YouTube

1 - 20 of 21 Posts