Nissan Titan Forum banner

BAK Roll-X tonneau cover

6K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Mike @ TAP 
#1 · (Edited)
I just got this installed today at the BAK Industries warehouse. It's the Roll-X cover. The CEO Julian and the staff were very helpful. What I like about this cover is that it's flush and very easy to open and close. It's very secure once the tailgate is locked. Since it rolls up, it doesn't take up any bed space like some covers that have canisters. Also, it doesn't really block the view out of the back window like some tri fold models. It's about the height of the rear headrest when it's rolled up.

Only drawback so far is the Utilitrac had to be flipped.

UPDATE:
The bed divider cannot be used if the tracks are flipped.
The bed extender can be used. Just adjust the width of the bed extender.

Roll-X Tonneau Cover review - YouTube

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks very sharp!

I had considered this one, but went with the Extang Revolution (just installed yesterday)... thought the Roll-X looked like it rolled up pretty big at the front which is a big reason why I went with the Revolution... but after seeing these pics... it doesn't look too bad afterall.

Congrats!
:thumbsup:

(PS - also noticed you flipped your bed rails)

Reactions: 25370
#7 · (Edited)
Flipping the track lowers it about 1-2". I can't slide my bed extender bracket through because the track is blocked near the tailgate. I believe other utili-track accessories might work. The bed divider might sit at an angle since the track is lower.

EDIT: I don't think the bed divider will work with the tracks flipped. Looking at pictures, it doesn't look like the bed divider can sit at an angle.

#8 ·
No, the bed divider wouldn't work with the rails flipped and even the extender brackets will likely need some slight modification to work (though perhaps not). That is why I didn't do it and bought the tonneau clamps that mount in the rail itself. This way, at least I can use the bed divider if I still want too, its just not as easy to remove now - will have to remove the rear tonneau clamps (and middle ones too depending on where I want the divider). But the good think with these rail clamps is they only take a couple minutes to remove each one so 10mins is all it would take.

#10 · (Edited)
Thanks!

Mike @ TAP confirmed that a bed extender can be used with the tracks flipped.

FYI a bed extender won't work with the Roll-X. The Roll-X tracks and the security locks get in the way.

Flipped tracks:
Bed divider = no
Bed extender = yes

Flipped tracks with BAK Roll-X:
Bed extender = yes. The width of the bed extender is adjustable.

#14 ·
Can you post a link up on this?

#17 ·
Thanks!!!... had no idea either.

:cheers:

#19 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.