Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally purchased the banks exhaust system, arrived yesterday and can't wait to put it in! My question is I have seen several threads about the banks gaskets that are used at the cats are crappy and aren't lasting should they be replaced with the OEM gaskets? Does anyone know the part#? How long should I plan on the installation? (I have pretty good mechanical skills and plenty of tools) Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I too will be ordering the Banks exhaust for my Titan. Where did you order yours from, would you reccomend them?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found it on ebay, don't remember the shippers name right off hand but I think that was the only one he had. It was brand new in the box and I got it for $396 shipped! Looking at all the other prices elsewhere I thought that was a damn good deal!

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
I use the Banks supply gaskets and have no problems at all with it. Click on the link in my sig and the PN for the exhaust gasket is on that list.

One more thing to keep in mind, the front bracket get relocated on top of the adapter plate.

Arrow point to back of the truck.

·
Super Moderator
93,257 Posts
What year is your Titan? Did you buy the muffler only or the whole exhaust system?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dang!!!!!! That is a great deal! I will have to keep my eye on ebay!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is the whole cat back system(muffler, y-pipe, tip, etc.). My titan is an 06. Yeah, I had been watching ebay for a couple of weeks and found it on there an hour after the seller had listed it. Hoping to get it on in the next day or so.

·
Super Moderator
93,257 Posts
Let us know how you like it, and how much louder it is that he stock system. The only negative I have heard is that there is a "drone" at certain RPM's.

·
Registered
682 Posts
vegastitan21 said:
ohh man your going love the banks and so will your neighbors
:cheers:
I can second that one
:cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well finally got the banks installed tonight, holy s**t is this thing loud, I love it!! Vegastitan your right my neighbors are gonna hate me. The install was very simple took about 2 hours (stopped and drank a few beers). It is way louder than stock and to go with it I already had the AEM CAI on for about a month so I'm not sure what it sounds like without a CAI but with the two together man this thing sounds like a beast. Haven't got to drive it to much tonight but can't wait to get back in it in the morning. If you are lookin for something loud this is it. Just my .02

·
Registered
173 Posts
SavTITAN said:
Well finally got the banks installed tonight, holy s**t is this thing loud, I love it!! Vegastitan your right my neighbors are gonna hate me. The install was very simple took about 2 hours (stopped and drank a few beers). It is way louder than stock and to go with it I already had the AEM CAI on for about a month so I'm not sure what it sounds like without a CAI but with the two together man this thing sounds like a beast. Haven't got to drive it to much tonight but can't wait to get back in it in the morning. If you are lookin for something loud this is it. Just my .02

I have to agree. I have the "Monster" combined with the Volant V3 CAI. It sounds bad-a$$ and turns heads when I fire-up the ol' Titan. Of course I'm biased, but IMO, Banks has the most rumble for the tumble (tumble= $$$...I just made that up...lol) Enjoy!!! :cheers:

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts