Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm getting my Banks exhaust tomorrow and was just wanting to hear some feedback on it,like is changing out that Y pipe important,how do you like the sound and performance feel of it? Any issues with the install etc etc. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
The install is very simple! I does help to have someone to help hold up the exhaust while your bolting it together. Once you get your OEM exhaust off, start installing it from front to back & don't tighten it all down until you get it all together. So that way you have wiggle room to make sure your not getting any exhaust leak's.

Sound is amazing!!!

Performance is great! Though, installing a 2.25"-3" Y-Pipe on the Bank's will definitely increase the low end torque!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanks man,I've heard vids on YouTube of banks and nismo headers and it IMO is the best sound I'll probably get. I recall you doing a Y swap,how's that going for you? I'm into performance also. Hear the 3" Y infact cuts alot of backpressure lol

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Bank's & Nismo's are the best sounding! IMO If your into performance & know of a good exhaust shop in your area that can do the welding, order a Flowmaster 2.25"-3" Y-Pipe! They cut & bent some 2.25" pipe & welded in my Y in the same place as the Bank's one. It really makes a difference if you have heavy tire's & rim's, but everyone w/ a Bank's will benefit from it. I love mine! :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I don't really know of one,and everyone says that the 3" helps more than hurts it's really getting old lol. I will purchase that Y soon. Were the pipes mandrel belt or just the old basic piping? For the Y pipe that is.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The banks fit and finish is great, sound is really nice. After a few days of driving I would double check the tightness of the bolts. Also I got mine welded up to remove the clamps that come with the kit just so I had no leaks.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The banks fit and finish is great, sound is really nice. After a few days of driving I would double check the tightness of the bolts. Also I got mine welded up to remove the clamps that come with the kit just so I had no leaks.
That is a good idea... I had so many leaks on my JBA. Black soot at every joint lmao.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
That is a good idea... I had so many leaks on my JBA. Black soot at every joint lmao. Problem is every muffler shop around males threats about my headers. EVERYTIME I have to tell them to just do it lol

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
While we are on that topic, would buying band clamps be a good idea? Instead of the ones they send with the kit?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
You will love the sound. Two T's for me with the monster exhaust on. Easy install to. Enjoy!

·
Registered
902 Posts
I love the Banks system but I want to have a 2nd Y pipe made up with the Flowmaster 2.25" to 3" Y and try the 2 different Y pipes and see which one I prefer after I get my Stillen long tube headers and the Berk B pipes installed.
One thing I did notice with the system was when you are coming down a grade towing or just slowing down the with the factory exhaust it didnt seem to have as much engine braking. With the banks system there is like a sweet spot that will hold you at that speed and slow you down where it didnt do that before. Sounds pretty cool too.
Favorite thing about the system is when your climbing a mountain under a load and pass trucks or busses the sounds bounces back very nice.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Yeah I don't really know of one,and everyone says that the 3" helps more than hurts it's really getting old lol. I will purchase that Y soon. Were the pipes mandrel belt or just the old basic piping? For the Y pipe that is.
I have the regular old piping. If the pipe bender is good they can do it with minimal restriction. The guy did a really good job welding mine up! The only bend i don't like is the 90 on the driver's side. I'm going to buy a mandrel bent 90 & have him weld it in. I deleted my B-Pipe flanges too, one less connection. When i get custom B-Pipes i will add a flange again.

After a few days of driving I would double check the tightness of the bolts. Also I got mine welded up to remove the clamps that come with the kit just so I had no leaks.
The only leak's i experienced w/ the Bank's was were i got my Nismo LT's. I had leak's on both header flanges. I just bought an extra set of OEM metal gasket's & that fixed it. If you take your time w/ the initial install you can get it tight enough at the connection's that it shouldn't leak.

·
Registered
323 Posts
are your headers LT, if they are thats the only way the smaller y will help you but that kind of defeats buying a banks with bigger piping, i have jba shorty headers and stock b-pipes and i love it, i wanted the nismo but the price was to much the banks is louder than i expected but it has an awesome deep throaty tone

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Yes, they are LT's w/ a 2.25" collector. Then OEM B-Pipes (for now) Berk's will be 2.25" also. 2.25"-3" Y-Pipe. Then 3" piping, Bank's 3" muffler & 3" piping all the way to the tip.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
While we are on that topic, would buying band clamps be a good idea? Instead of the ones they send with the kit?
Definitely buy the band clamps-always better seal than a crush clamp.

Here's my Titan.

Banks exhaust
JBA Headers
Stillen b-pipes
UpRev tuned

YouTube - Titan Dyno UpRev Tune

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
You might lose a little top end.

Reactions: TiTAN-

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good deal I'll pick some up on the way home. Know off top how many I need? Whenever you buy your piping gweasel could you pm me the part #? I will do the same thing. Also did you notice a difference in sound with the smaller Y?

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Whenever you buy your piping gweasel could you pm me the part #? I will do the same thing. Also did you notice a difference in sound with the smaller Y?
Yea, no problem. There's a few places that sell them, like this:
Results for Mandrel Bends:Aluminized Steel:90*

I didn't notice any difference in the sound.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The only thing I did was I take off the banks tip and welded the Zoomies exhaust tip on. It cut down the drone at high way speed, but still sounds mean as hell when you step on it. No complaints on the Banks
It's either you like it a lot or not at all.

Have fun getting into it sounds great

1 - 20 of 31 Posts