Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am curious as to what you guys think a Banks muffler would sound on stock pipes? I know the Banks catback is 3" all the way through, and my stock pipes are 2.?? So how would this sound? I have the Flowmaster 50 series, and its pretty good sounding, but its not a banks, or even a magnflow. What do you think? Truck is 2011 btw.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I think it would still be very loud, and it should still sound good. I know there was an old thread where someone did this...trying to find it.

How does the FM50 sound? I had a FM40 on my red Titan and loved it. I am not too impressed with the Bullet muffler. I wonder if it is because I don't have a resonated tip?

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
If you get rid of your FM50, let me know.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
You have to consider that your 2011 has no y pipe so it's 2, 2.25" pipes into a muffler. IIRC the banks muffler is single in single out

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you get rid of your FM50, let me know.
Ya for sure man. I might get a different muffler once i get the money from the bumper. I'll let you know. in the mean time, want a stocker???haha

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have to consider that your 2011 has no y pipe so it's 2, 2.25" pipes into a muffler. IIRC the banks muffler is single in single out
That is correct sir, 3 inch in and out, single in and out. could i just have a small little collector pipe made up in front of the muffler? or i could get a y pipe from summit

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
That is correct sir, 3 inch in and out, single in and out. could i just have a small little collector pipe made up in front of the muffler? or i could get a y pipe from summit
FM has a Y pipe for a decent price. I forgot to pick one up before I had my Bullet installed, so I had the muffler shop fab one for me. That bit me in the rear!

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I'd buy a some sort of y pipe to channel it down to a single in muffler... Or buy a second muffler. That'd probably be too quiet though

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guess i'll have to wait around till chief.... comes on here again and ask him about it. Ya i was thinkin about the fm y. i really should just save up for the extended travel package.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 13 of 13 Posts