Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rollingey I've been reading old threads about the different after market exhausts and found out that the MagnaFlow had pretty good gains in HP & TQ compared to other systems (flowmaster,gibson,JBA,borla etc). However never ran across any comparisons to the banks exhaust. Loudness is not a problem, just looking to see which exhaust would be better for overall performance in HP & TQ. What do you guys recommend, a BANKS or a MAGNAFLOW? Please advise, thanks in advance....

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have the banks and the gains up high are really good but down low you'll loose some umpfh. The drone is terrible but it does sound nice for the spectators.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
If you go for the magnaflow, make sure that you are getting a full cat back system. I bought the magnaflow, and paid a comparable price to the Banks, only to receive a muffler and tail pipe, with instructions to hacksaw my old exhaust in two, and clamping in the magnaflow muffler and tail pipe.
I complained to Magnaflow but never heard back.
Had to buy the banks Y pipe and pipe from the cats back to the muffler, cost an extra $200.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
rholland said:
If you go for the magnaflow, make sure that you are getting a full cat back system. I bought the magnaflow, and paid a comparable price to the Banks, only to receive a muffler and tail pipe, with instructions to hacksaw my old exhaust in two, and clamping in the magnaflow muffler and tail pipe.
I complained to Magnaflow but never heard back.
Had to buy the banks Y pipe and pipe from the cats back to the muffler, cost an extra $200.
That is the Magnaflo Catback...Seems keeping the Y-pipe is actualy a GOOD thing. Same way my Stillen came, they sell both true catback and one that uses the stock Y-pipe. The only reason they made the full catback is because it can be used on 04-07 titans (07's don't have a Y-pipe) But seems from there testing the Y-pipe was still good so they use on the the exit from the muffler instead. When I asked them they said they both make the same power so unless I wanted to pay an extra $150 bucks to just keep the Y-pipe.

Now removing the Y-pipe has been know to give you a couple hourses at really high RPM's with losses down low where most off MY driving is done (from reading the forums). "Id say less than 1 % of the time am I above 5000 RPM's".

So the Mag with the stock Y-pipe is not a bad way to go at all! I know theres usualy alot of emphesis on having a true "cat back" but if the stock Y-pipe is as good as an aftermarket then might as well just keep it.

If it were me I would get the Magnaflo of the 2 choices.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your inputs....Love this site!!!!!!:rockon

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have the Magnaflow cat back and love it. Plenty of noticable gains and head turning sound. Had it installed at local shop for under $300.00.

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have a Banks also. I didnt notice any loss down low. I gained all over. Get the banks man you wont be disappointed

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I am gonna say Magnaflow Part # 12256 it is the 18" and yields great gains in HP & Torque while still providing a very aggressive rumble with little drone. You really only need to do the muffler swap, no need for the full system. If you want pure sound than you should just rock THE BANKS but you will lose a little on the low end but can gain a little back with the 2* Timing advance........JMO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts