Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Super Black Pro-4X
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 P4X and I’ve had the Pedal Monster on now for a little over a thousand miles and thought I would pass along my thoughts. Bottom line, It does exactly what it claims and it does it very well. I will pass along a few details that are not abundantly clear before purchasing one. The reverse gear safety DOES NOT work with Nissan Titans though I never run my truck at such a high setting that this is not a concern; I started out at City+1 and am now at City+3 and feel it is the perfect setting with the low speed trim on +2. It DOES work with an OBD-2 splitter and a Scanguage, with both devices working as advertised. Lastly, my only frustration with the device is that every time I start the truck, I am required to reconnect the device with my phone in order for it to work. I wish this would just automatically occur. An aside, for the 500 miles I drove the truck I never experienced any of the bugs with the 9 speed that I have read about on this forum and since running the Pedal Monster, I find the trans to be quite impressive and rather intuitive. Lastly, for those of you with a scanguage and a truck with the 9 speed, they now have an Xguage for trans temp. I helped them out with this a while back by them sending me an obd scanner tool to find the parameter and it is now a set Xguage for trans temp at the pan.

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Thanks for posting this, nice to hear you are pleased with it. I have the pedal commander and it also make the transmission shift nicely. I think the issues people may have is too light a foot on the pedal doesn’t tell the trans to go through the gears and it hangs onto a gear longer. The pedal commander recognizes my truck as soon as I open the app but since it’s set to my preference I almost never look.
Many people resist buying they add ons but they are well worth the cost. I’m on my fourth year and second Titan with it.

Clint

Reactions: rstrick0352

·
Registered
86 Posts
Lastly, for those of you with a scanguage and a truck with the 9 speed, they now have an Xguage for trans temp. I helped them out with this a while back by them sending me an obd scanner tool to find the parameter and it is now a set Xguage for trans temp at the pan.
This is good info that I was about to ask you about....glad I read to the bottom of your post - thanks!

I purchased a scan gauge originally and it wouldn't read transmission temp so I sent it back after speaking with their engineer. I recently received an email from the engineer letting me know that they now had an Xgauge available for transmission temperature.

Is this the Xgauge you're using for pan temp -

Transmission Fluid Temperature (°F)
TXD: 07E122A046
RXF: C56206A07746
RXD: 4008
MTH: 00090005FFBD

NAME: ATF

What kind of average temperatures are you seeing (175F-200F)?

Where did you mount your gauge?

·
Registered
2021 Super Black Pro-4X
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design

That is indeed the Xguage they identified when I ran their scan tool for them. It is the temperature in the pan. I’ll get a picture later of where it is mounted.

This is good info that I was about to ask you about....glad I read to the bottom of your post - thanks!

I purchased a scan gauge originally and it wouldn't read transmission temp so I sent it back after speaking with their engineer. I recently received an email from the engineer letting me know that they now had an Xgauge available for transmission temperature.

Is this the Xgauge you're using for pan temp -

What kind of average temperatures are you seeing (175F-200F)?

Where did you mount your gauge?
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
86 Posts
That is indeed the Xguage they identified when I ran their scan tool for them. It is the temperature in the pan. I’ll get a picture later of where it is mounted.

Thanks!

I just ordered the new ScanGauge III that is supposed to come with all the Xgauges loaded.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Awesome! I didn’t realize there was a version 3. They’re a great product and company for sure. Added photo to earlier post.
I didn't either, I ordered a SGII on Amazon after reading your post and then went on their site to make sure they didn't have a newer version out and saw the SGIII. Luckily I was able to cancel the Amazon order.

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Wont those throttle controllers be impacted by the 5 year warranty?
They go in between the gas pedal and the engine, you can remove it in about a minute or less and there is zero evidence it was ever there. It’s probably the best $300 I spent on my truck, the transmission shifts precisely and the engine response is instantaneous.
People have to try it to see what it really does, Amazon does returns so I figured I’d be out nothing if it was hype but I was very pleasantly surprised.

Clint

·
Registered
350 Posts
I put a EVC throttle controller in my Titan and holy ****, I almost have to be careful, espeically in stop and go traffic. I didn't think much of it but I got a great deal from a member here so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try from all the good reviews and TOTALLY worth it.

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
6,214 Posts
i had to lower the sensitivity on my controller. it took some fiddling to find the right setting but now its great. set it to sensitive though, and man are you going to be jumping the line each time the light turns green.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2021 P4X and I’ve had the Pedal Monster on now for a little over a thousand miles and thought I would pass along my thoughts. Bottom line, It does exactly what it claims and it does it very well. I will pass along a few details that are not abundantly clear before purchasing one. The reverse gear safety DOES NOT work with Nissan Titans though I never run my truck at such a high setting that this is not a concern; I started out at City+1 and am now at City+3 and feel it is the perfect setting with the low speed trim on +2. It DOES work with an OBD-2 splitter and a Scanguage, with both devices working as advertised. Lastly, my only frustration with the device is that every time I start the truck, I am required to reconnect the device with my phone in order for it to work. I wish this would just automatically occur. An aside, for the 500 miles I drove the truck I never experienced any of the bugs with the 9 speed that I have read about on this forum and since running the Pedal Monster, I find the trans to be quite impressive and rather intuitive. Lastly, for those of you with a scanguage and a truck with the 9 speed, they now have an Xguage for trans temp. I helped them out with this a while back by them sending me an obd scanner tool to find the parameter and it is now a set Xguage for trans temp at the pan.
The website says that if you don't have your phone, the product will revert back to the last setting. But you are saying it reverts back to stock?
That would not be good for me, as I don't have my phone with me often.

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
The website says that if you don't have your phone, the product will revert back to the last setting. But you are saying it reverts back to stock?
That would not be good for me, as I don't have my phone with me often.
You’re on your own island then as almost everyone has their phone with them unless they forgot it and then they go retrieve it.
Heck, it’s even on a mount on each of my motorcycles. You never know when you’ll get stuck or whatever.
All of those pedal controllers do a great job, I have a pedal commander for 4 years now and worth every penny.

Clint

·
Registered
19 Posts
I will gladly be on that island. I am older and grew up with no cell phone until well into my 20s, heck we had a rotary dial phone on the wall (land line) throughout my childhood. Grandparents had a party line. For you youngsters, google those and get a laugh. I can do without the cell phone whenever not on call for work. If something happens, I can walk or figure out how to deal with the problem. Also, everyone else in the car with me probably will have their phone.
Heck, If I am by myself, I can likely just find the any other person, since they will likely have a phone. If it is a good enough event, it will likely be uploaded by some onlooker before I could even make a call.
HAHAHA

But back to the original question, to rstrick0352, if he does not have the phone, does it go back to stock. The website says it should revert to the last setting. I saw on another site that this may have been a problem in the beginning, but maybe this has been fixed or updated.

·
Registered
2021 Super Black Pro-4X
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’m honestly not sure if it defaults back to the previous settting. I do know that when I get in my truck and open the app, it prompts me to reconnect to the device so I presume that if I don’t reconnect, the pedal commander will not operate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts