Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have a Banks Monster exhaust, what CAI are you running with it?

Looking for some opinions on which set-up works best... I've heard the VOLANT is pretty good, but I'd like to hear what you guys think...

Thanks!!!

Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
37L1 said:
I have the Banks and the Volant, works well. Both on over 3 years no issues.

Nice!
Ok, so I'm going to ask the age old question that you've probably heard a million times...
Did you lose low-end or any power at all with the banks alone, or with the combination of the banks and the volant?

Thanks,
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
36,351 Posts
QUiEtStOrM said:
Nice!
Ok, so I'm going to ask the age old question that you've probably heard a million times...
Did you lose low-end or any power at all with the banks alone, or with the combination of the banks and the volant?

Thanks,
I felt like I lost a little low end with the Banks alone but with the Volant and TBS I have no problems spinning my tires whenever I want, which isn't very often. Them suckers are expensive!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
37L1 said:
I felt like I lost a little low end with the Banks alone but with the Volant and TBS I have no problems spinning my tires whenever I want, which isn't very often. Them suckers are expensive!!!!
Sweet!!!

No 2* advance though?
Who's the TBS by?

Thanks again!!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
36,351 Posts
QUiEtStOrM said:
Sweet!!!

No 2* advance though?
Who's the TBS by?

Thanks again!!
No 2* advance.

TBS by airraid.

I did all my mods the first year or so. Now I'm just watching and waiting to see what the good stuff is. Someone else can be the Guinea Pig.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
800 Posts
banks/k&n cai, airraid tbs, 2* timing advance, in that order. lost low end with the banks and K&n (not much but noticeble) airraid and 2* done around the same time and i could feel some low end back. i don't know the numbers yet i haven't been to the track, but on the street i can hold my own against silverado ss, armada's, win some lose some. loud and fast.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,417 Posts
37L1 said:
I have the Banks and the Volant, works well. Both on over 3 years no issues.

Ditto.

If you're worried about losing low-end, take the VDC off, pop it in 3rd gear, and go WOT!

Works everytime:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kronos1965 said:
Ditto.

If you're worried about losing low-end, take the VDC off, pop it in 3rd gear, and go WOT!

Works everytime:cheers:

VDC?
I'm a newb here, so you're going to have to spell it out for me:upsidedow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, does anyone know of somebody in WASHINGTON STATE that can do the 2* advance? Trying to avoid going to the stealership...

I'm completely stuck on which CAI to go with. I read through all F'ing 12 pages of the reviews on another thread lastnight, and didn't get much out of it for a clear recomendation on what's worth a damn.

So, I've narrowed it down to a few that I think might be worth a shot...
Injen, AEM, S&B, and Volant.

If you guys have a banks Monster and one of the CAI I listed, please let me know the details of how the CAI worked out for you... Install, performance, gains, losses, etc.

Thank you!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SoBeGraphics said:
I'm using AEM and Banks. I also have the HELIX tbs and a 2' advance.

So, give me some details on the AEM...
How'd the install go? Does it rattle or make any crazy noises like the Volant supposedly does? Any gains or losses with it?

Thanks:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,528 Posts
This may make you sad...but there is very little difference among the intakes...I've tried the K&N 77 Series and The AEM/Framboost. All i noticed is a slightly different sound on WOT....which is mostly masked by the loud a$$ banks anyway. I would go with the K&N 77 series because it is cheap, or with an AEM/Framboost because of its, in my opinion, superior filter technology.

1-2 hp difference between intakes.

There is some info about intakes in the link in my sig.

:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
adavis99 said:
This may make you sad...but there is very little difference among the intakes...I've tried the K&N 77 Series and The AEM/Framboost. All i noticed is a slightly different sound on WOT....which is mostly masked by the loud a$$ banks anyway. I would go with the K&N 77 series because it is cheap, or with an AEM/Framboost because of its, in my opinion, superior filter technology.

1-2 hp difference between intakes.



There is some info about intakes in the link in my sig.

:cheers:
That makes me feel a little better about being the cheap basterd who went with the AEM clone off of ebay. With the Banks, she just roars and I don't know if I have more power or less. :cheers:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,417 Posts
QUiEtStOrM said:
VDC?
I'm a newb here, so you're going to have to spell it out for me:upsidedow
VDC = Vehicle Dynamic Control

It's a stability control system that applies braking power to the wheels when they are slipping/losing traction-typically when you try to spin your tires when going Wide Open Throttle or (WOT).

Turning off the VDC will eliminate the lag in the engine at the start.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kronos1965 said:
VDC = Vehicle Dynamic Control

It's a stability control system that applies braking power to the wheels when they are slipping/losing traction-typically when you try to spin your tires when going Wide Open Throttle or (WOT).

Turning off the VDC will eliminate the lag in the engine at the start.

OH MAN!!! You gotta tell me how to turn that off!!! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
792 Posts
See below for mods, using K&N with Banks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
K&N Gen 2 FIPK here too
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,446 Posts
QUiEtStOrM said:
OH MAN!!! You gotta tell me how to turn that off!!! :cheers:
If your Titan is equipped with VDC, there's a button by the Tow Mode button (below radio). If you don't have VDC you cannot turn it off since there's no VDC to turn off.:D
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top