Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rear seats have the under seat storage unit..wondering if they are removing it?..not sure i want to remove it..might have to live with the sound..

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,982 Posts
i think they do remove the under seat storage units to put sub boxes in.

i didn't even know we have a sub under the passenger front seat. i have two from first gen trucks and they were under the driver seat so i guess i should have just looked and i would have seen that

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
409 Posts
i think they do remove the under seat storage units to put sub boxes in.

i didn't even know we have a sub under the passenger front seat. i have two from first gen trucks and they were under the driver seat so i guess i should have just looked and i would have seen that
Yeah I remember getting my butt beat to death in my 08’. Now my wife’s butt gets beat. 🤗

·
Registered
5 Posts
I upgraded the sub under the passenger front seat. The cover does not fit back over it, but it looks good and sounds WAY better…

Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8 8" Dual 2-Ohm Punch Series Shallow Mount Car Subwoofer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GTWAI...abc_P3EA3K1Z2MK34ZNYKP94?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
SeanDavy, I replaced the factory sub in the enclosure (2021 Pro-4x also) with a Kicker shallow CWRT8. It was supposed to be a direct swap, but it wasn't and I had to make a trim adapter ring. After sealing it all up, I did some sound tests. Honestly, I couldn't tell much of a difference and I put it back to stock. It actually seems like the door speakers cover a lot of the bass. I looked at the RF P3SD2-8, but I figured I'd give the Kicker a go since it was $60 less. I've already run a power wire and ground for an amp, plus i pulled inputs from the stock sub feed, so I may just build a custom box behind the rear passenger seat as I use the cargo box under the rear seat and don't want to lose that. At any rate, I just don't see the factory amp putting out enough power to make hard, punchy bass, but maybe that RF speaker is that good.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The factory sub in the Pro-4X and PR fender or Rockford systems are medium range DVC 10" subs. They aren't really good for low deep bass.

I went with a preamped Hideaway pancake sub to supplement my factory sub and replaced the door speakers with Alpine-R components for better overall bass.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The factory sub in the Pro-4X and PR fender or Rockford systems are medium range DVC 10" subs. They aren't really good for low deep bass.

I went with a preamped Hideaway pancake sub to supplement my factory sub and replaced the door speakers with Alpine-R components for better overall bass.
Are you sure that's a 10" sub? I'm pretty sure it's an 8" with dual 2ohm voice coils. You're right though, it's only good for midbass. I replaced it with an 8" kicker, pictured.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Product Motor vehicle Tire

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
409 Posts
Did you do anything else other than swapping the sub? Any amps, or anything?
Did the sub first, liked the improved bass. Don’t really feel like messing with amps or anything else. I did pick up a new center speaker but I have not swapped that out yet.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Did the sub first, liked the improved bass. Don’t really feel like messing with amps or anything else. I did pick up a new center speaker but I have not swapped that out yet.
Perfect, thank you. That's what I was hoping you'd say. I used to be "replace everything right away" guy but I'm getting to old for that ****. A simple swap of a sub would probably be perfect.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Make a board and secure it to the back wall behind the back seats then screw your amps on to the board. Sub box under the back seat works best down firing also works great too use shallow mount subs like jl. I use 2 13.5 shallow mount subs in a sealed box it works best.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Photograph Automotive tire White Hood Light

Here is mine and where I mounted my amp. I built a board, carpeted it, mounted behind back seat and bolts on. There is already factory bolts there. The foxbox is amazing and the sundowns slammmmmm.

Reactions: busemans
1 - 20 of 21 Posts