Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that use an optima, exide orbital and similar. How did you get around the + cable issue?

I tried to put in a Orbital and the cable it too short when the battery is bolted down.

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Try as I might to think up a smart @$$ answer for you Kartman, I couldn't come up with anything better than "If it's too short, make it longer!!!"

·
Registered
14 Posts
You could just buy a new cable with enough length to reach. On my tundra I just reversed the battery and relocated the ground wire to reach for my redtop. It's well worth it to have a superior battery under the hood.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I Had The Same Problem But Advance Auto Sell The Positive Post Clamp And It Is A Little Longer. Mine Fts Normal Now

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
sbones said:
I Had The Same Problem But Advance Auto Sell The Positive Post Clamp And It Is A Little Longer. Mine Fts Normal Now
Sbones,

Do you have a pic? Or a part number to the positive clamp? I'm interested in buying the Optima or Odessey battery and want it to look as stock as possible. Moddifying the battery hold down seems like it would be easier than messing with a longer cable...

·
Registered
15 Posts
No I dont have any pics, but if you have time swing into Advance Auto parts and check out the replacement part that looks just like the one that is on the positive terminal and it is just a little longer to clear the side of the battery.

I had to change it out in the parking lot when I decided to get an optima.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
sbones said:
No I dont have any pics, but if you have time swing into Advance Auto parts and check out the replacement part that looks just like the one that is on the positive terminal and it is just a little longer to clear the side of the battery.

I had to change it out in the parking lot when I decided to get an optima.
Thanks...will do!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts