Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can purchase a battery cover for our Titans? My car has currently been in the dealer getting tint put on, and they gave me a rental, a 2011 Dodge Ram. I popped the hood to check it out and saw a nice battery cover covering the car battery. I been search but no luck.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
bestatchess, but will those batteries fit in our trucks ? i haven't needed to change the battery yet, but i've heard it's a pain to find a battery that will fit our truck, only a hand full of them fits.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Yeah, it barely fits. You may want to make or buy a different hold down, but it does barely work with the stock hold down and it does have the positive terminal correctly oriented. Sears Diehard Platinum is reportedly the same battery made by same company, perhaps w/o metal box, for less money.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Walmart has our battery's for $75 with a 3yr full replacement warranty. Google battery covers and im sure there is a web full of them.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Sears does have the battery, but you may have to order it in order to get the terminals correctly oriented. They do have them. I have the one they "stock" at Sears, and it is backwards. The day after buying the Sears, I finally got a warranty replacement on my Odyssey the installer cracked the post on; and will use the Sears as a secondary battery.

FYI: Sears Platinum has:

A nice built in handle
930 CCA vs 925 CCA Rating (insignificant really).
Normal Top Post molded in vs Odyssey using threaded studs with adapters on top (Installer over tightened mine).
$190 for Sears, vs $300+ for Odyssey.
Sears has far easier Warranty service!

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Besides looks, does that battery bag serve any purpose?
Yes it helps keep it warm in the winters. Battery blankets are very common in cold states, its kinda the samething.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts