Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Titan, running well until the other night. Suddenly, the battery is dead. I suspect something might be drawing a charge from it, but everything seems normal (no lights on, nothing running, etc.).

The only thing out of the ordinary that my MP3 player, but turned off. I left it plugged in through the AUX jack. At the time that I left it plugged in, I thought the battery on the MP3 player was dead. After unplugging it, I noticed that the battery had charged somewhat... but that doesn't make sense to me.

Can a device draw a charge from the AUX jack or am I just chasing my tail here?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Super Moderator
37,050 Posts
The stock batteries are crap. If you have Big Tow then they are even worse. The most likely cause is that your battery has a dead cell or 2. Replace it and you wont have any problems.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
NE1 know who makes the OEM batteries for nissan? I'd put money on Exide. And that would explain a lot!

·
Registered
392 Posts
When you go in for the recall, they should also "STRESS TEST" the alt. It could be "charging" incorrectly. Example: alts should give off a normal 13.7v. At extreme load(lights on bright, foot on brake, climate control on ac with max fan speed, door open(illuminating all interior lights), radio on, it should still read more than 12v(varries too much to give precise value). WHAT DOES YOUR ALT GAUGE READ ? ? Do you know about the self diagnostic mode on the Titan? You can actually check this yourself. I can't remember the post, but you can search the threads, and stress test it yourself! My money is still on crappy bat, but this is good to know as well.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
you could also have a bad ground or a loose wire to the alternator. Don't always think its a bad battery or alternator. Get the battery and alternator tested first.

I made that mistake several years ago with a lumina. Ended up stranded in harrisburg on a sunday with a dead battery. Next day and 700 bucks later I had a new battery and alternator. While driving it home made it to Hagerstown and dead battery again. Had it towed to dealer and they found a loose alternator wire. Was good from that day on.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
^^^ that was your problem all along, you drove thru Harrisburg:jester:. Just kidding, mine went dead after 1-1/2 yrs. checked everything before considering a new battery.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
BULLTITAN said:
^^^ that was your problem all along, you drove thru Harrisburg:jester:. Just kidding, mine went dead after 1-1/2 yrs. checked everything before considering a new battery.

lol yeah I dread that bridge still to this day when I go to the lake and that was like 11 years ago.

·
Registered
754 Posts
If it comes down to the end and you just need a new battery get an optima or something and if your a bass nut and have your truck wired like an explosive bomb get a kinetik lol

·
Registered
392 Posts
:readclose Optima's are SERIOUSLY overrated and as of late, have been bought out and are NOT nearly as good as when they started. My money has always been(since I bought the first one over 15 years ago) on Interstate's brand. I prefer the Megatron or Megatron +. One downside is they are not maintenance free.:crying:

·
Super Moderator
37,050 Posts
Titan4mde said:
:readclose Optima's are SERIOUSLY overrated and as of late, have been bought out and are NOT nearly as good as when they started. My money has always been(since I bought the first one over 15 years ago) on Interstate's brand. I prefer the Megatron or Megatron +. One downside is they are not maintenance free.:crying:

Maybe but they are still better then stock.

However you cant compare the interstate to the Odyssey battery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts