Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So over the last week or so I've noticed that the T has been cranking just a tad slower than normal. This morning it was 33 degrees and for a second I didn't think it had enough umphf to fire up, which fortunately it did. After work it started up much easier than this morning.

I threw a meter on the battery after I got home and at idle I'm getting 14.02, which seems a tad low IMHO. When I crank it over it drops down to the high 6/ low 7 range. I'm new to the Titan, so it took me a second to find the alternator. Think I found it, down low passenger side. I never cleaned the engine since hitting the mud and snow over Christmas. So by the time I got it cleaned up enough to try to find the wires going to the harness, it was time to start dinner for the family. So I'll tackle that tomorrow after work.

The gauges inside don't flutter like some people report. Runs fine and all that good stuff. Do you guys think it's a battery or alt problem? After reading a few threads about swapping the alt, I really hope it's not the later.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
If it runs without dying it is the battery.

·
Super Moderator
161,498 Posts
"It's always the battery" ~ BestAtChess

Words to live by.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are all answers that I was hoping for. The good news if it's the alternator, I'll be posting a nice, long how to thread.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it was the battery. Gauges starting going crazy and wouldn't start this morning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A trick that I learned a long time ago, start the vehicle and pull one of the battery cables. If it keeps running, it's the battery. If it dies, it's the altenator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts