Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
just go to your local auto parts store and take it off and match it up with the one they have there. it only take a 10 mm wrench and 12 mm wrench to do this. Undue the nut on top and on the side and you will have it apart. A little know how and 5 bucks and your are done

If you are in the houston area I would be more than happy to help you out

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for reply. yeah I bought one today (only one advanced auto had that matched) and replaced but it's too "fat" to work with the big whatchamacallit that connects to the titans elec system. I got it to fit/work but it's not ideal and bugs me it's not all seated/fitting perfectly. I may need a genuine part to fit so started looking for part #. unless a different auto parts store around here may have one that's closer in size to the oem?

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
The OEM Assembly cost about $50-60 IIRC. I bought one as a spare, since the Fusible Links are not available in stores.

·
Registered
45 Posts
OMG... this thread saved my bacon. I made the mistake of getting the MARINE TERMINAL and it didnt fit worth a damn. The one on my titan was so bad.. that when I tried to remove it, it just came apart. Good thing I have a nissan altima in the garage, I just took that one for now. Anyway, thanks a million for this post... calling NISSAN tomorrow to get replacement part.

-T

·
Registered
533 Posts
Bump just in case anyone need help. My positive terminal was in horrible shape and I got this replacement at Autozone for $3.00

Fits just fine. Just spray it real good with the red terminal protector before putting it on. Same goes for the other connections...corrosion seems to be an issue for some reason.

Oh, and a little PB blaster on the old bolts saved me lots of headache...real easy to break the plastic fuse link.

Lynx/2 AWG top mount clamp battery terminal (05512) | Battery Terminal End and Adapter | AutoZone.com

Reactions: baseballfanz

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks for this, ordering the factory part Monday. Noticed that mine is getting badly corroded today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts