Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I bought mine there and you can find 25% coupons online too.

Clint

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
With the 25% off coupon it made it too tempting not to buy it. I’ve had four new Nissans have the battery crap out in the first 2 years so even though it would be a free replacement I passed on that and decided to try this style.

Clint

·
Registered
376 Posts
Why did you get an AGM? Seems like overkill for a starting battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
AGM batteries are not overkill. I have AGM's in my cars, lawn and garden and power equipment; Bosch Platinum's, and Advance's Autocraft Platinum's on cars, and Yuasa GYZ32HL's on my JD LX178 tractor and Subaru RGV12100 generator. The only two cars that are on regular batteries are my 2018 Titan and a 2017 Outback; both still doing fine on the factory batteries.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I went with a non AGM battery because nobody had one with a higher CCA than 710. I bought this one

With 20% off online order. Ended up paying 127.99 about after the old battery was handed in. Odd thing is the battery in the truck I swear the code on it dated the battery to 2011. It was an interstate so not original so I am suspecting a reconditioned battery probably from the dealer I bought it at two years ago but even that makes it a 7 year old battery. It did say it had a 6 year warranty so maybe the OEM crapped out after two like Clint says and this had been sitting around. How long do new batteries sit sometimes before they are used. Nobody notched out the month and year of installation on the top sticker so not 100% sure when installed. Both terminals had started to corrode recently also. Advanced Auto beats the pants off all the other auto parts stores with their online discount codes. I try giving others a shot but they always come up way cheaper than anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Everstart Maxx from Walmart!!

3 year free replacement and a Walmart around every corner... View attachment 544303
Same reason many used to buy a Die Hard battery, who’d ever think Sears would go away? Your idea is a good one as wallyworld lives on.

Clint

·
Registered
830 Posts
I used to get the Autozone Duralast battery but such a hassle as they wanted to keep it and charge it overnight to “make sure” it was dead after I would return it to them for issues..

At Walmart the cute service desk gal with pink hair and twenty nose rings promptly sends me down the aisles to get another battery!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I used to get the Autozone Duralast battery but such a hassle as they wanted to keep it and charge it overnight to “make sure” it was dead after I would return it to them for issues..

At Walmart the cute service desk gal with pink hair and twenty nose rings promptly sends me down the aisles to get another battery!!!!
Pictures please, it’s always interesting to see the wallmartians.

Clint

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
One of the reasons I wanted a better CCA battery is I have remote start and on really cold nights m truck won’t start in the morning by remote. I have heard you can have the remote start adjusted but thought maybe a better CCA would solve my issue. Any possible truth to this? If not oh well

·
Registered
455 Posts
Alert flashed when I went to go to Walgreen's last night. Didn't when I got back in the truck to come home and it didn't come on again when I went to Lowe's this morning.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Alert flashed when I went to go to Walgreen's last night. Didn't when I got back in the truck to come home and it didn't come on again when I went to Lowe's this morning.
Funny you mention Walgreens as my daughter just said the key not detected was flashing on her dash so I just came from Walgreens with new batteries.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just went by the dealer today because my battery struggled the other day and this morning it took a little more umph. I am 23 months and 25.5k on the odometer into the battery. They replaced it within 20 minutes. 15 minute diagnosis, told me battery diag had a code and with my warranty gave me a free replacement. Also, does anyone have any literature about the battery. In my manual, it only references a Nissan Replacement Battery warranty... And specifically keeps saying "replacement battery warranty".

Anyways, it starts up as normal and no issues now. Remote start is clean.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I just went by the dealer today because my battery struggled the other day and this morning it took a little more umph. I am 23 months and 25.5k on the odometer into the battery. They replaced it within 20 minutes. 15 minute diagnosis, told me battery diag had a code and with my warranty gave me a free replacement. Also, does anyone have any literature about the battery. In my manual, it only references a Nissan Replacement Battery warranty... And specifically keeps saying "replacement battery warranty".

Anyways, it starts up as normal and no issues now. Remote start is clean.
What year is your truck

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Funny you mention Walgreens as my daughter just said the key not detected was flashing on her dash so I just came from Walgreens with new batteries.
Forgot to give an update. The alert went off again when I was at the hardware shop a week ago. And it hasn't come again. Will be a full week today of no alerts if I end up having to go to the pharmacy.

·
Registered
173 Posts

Ok but am I just missing something? I saw that but it keeps calling it a "replacement battery". Are the Nissan batteries referenced as "Nissan Geniune Replacement batteries". Maybe I just am overthinking it. I agree that page makes sense it just reads different to me.

Anyways, I'm glad the battery is covered that long. I personally consider it a wear and tear item (outside of a third party purchase/warranty). Though this is my first brand new vehicle purchase

21 - 38 of 38 Posts