Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading the instructions for installing XM, it seems you have to unplug and remove the BCM.. the service manual says when replacing you need to reset it. I assume this only means for putting in a new BCM, not simply putting back the old one after the install.

It would suck to get it all installed and have to take it to the dealer for BCM "resetting" or something. But I assume since you take power out of the truck anyhow, it won't even know the BCM was unplugged and reattached.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
"Anyone have any thoughts on this?"

Yes, based upon the complicated installation instructions and the extensive thread on whether and which trucks are pre-wired for satellite radio, I have decided to listen to my mp3 player for awhile longer.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bestatchess said:
"Anyone have any thoughts on this?"

Yes, based upon the complicated installation instructions and the extensive thread on whether and which trucks are pre-wired for satellite radio, I have decided to listen to my mp3 player for awhile longer.
I don't find the instuctions complicated at all, and I haven't even been able to look at a truck to reference them. ;) But I did install car electronics for a few years in college.... loved putting in those car starter... ugh!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts