Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I’ve never claimed to be smart at any level, but I am stumped on this one. I had a 2009 2WD Titan with the Superchips Cortex and the free air box mod with K&N filter and absolutely loved it. It was a great level of performance for the amount of money invested (less than 500.00). I just traded my 09 in for 2011 SV 4x4 and since the Cortex isn’t available yet for the 2011 I went with the BDGT. I have updated the tuner with current s/w, and loaded the following settings:
• Octane level premium
• 124 MPH
• 6150 RPM
• WOT not restricted
• Throttle sensitivity extreme
• No additional timing
• No additional idle
After loading the file and driving it for the first time I was very underwhelmed with the results. There was a VERY noticeable difference in the performance characteristics of my 09 after loading the Cortex, and my 11 with the BDGT is just nowhere close. I realize that the butt dyno is not a very calibrated instrument and can be subjective, however it just doesn’t feel like anything is different with the tune installed. For yucks, I loaded the factory file back into the truck, and then tried reloading the BDGT file again and still have the similar results. A few points to note:
1. I only have 600 miles on the truck and haven’t really been hammering on it much except to do the performance tests. I don’t know how much aggressive driving it takes to get it out of “Granny Mode” but I would assume that by now the ECU should have woken up
2. My 09 was 2WD and the 11 is 4WD. Anything there that would account for the bid delta in performance?
3. Are my expectations just too high and this is what everyone else is getting out of factory truck with the BDGT.
Thanks in advance for the input

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I have heard that 4x4 have the WOT disengage at around 20mph compared to 40mph for the 2wd, so that might not help as much. but i would try and get some extra miles on the truck before you put it back on, remember it has only had like 2-3 fill ups from the looks of the miles on ur T.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i am having the same problem with my 2011 titan cc sv 2wd. i have had the bdgt on my truck since i bought it and it hasnt really impressed me. i have the banks monster exhaust a banks cold air intake and the bdgt and the power from it is no where near my 2009 titan with just a bdgt. i was wondering if the truck has any granny modes or if it needs to be reset or what i can do. any ideas

·
Registered
869 Posts
I had to get a few thousand on my '11 before things really started to show up. Fuel mileage was a huge concern in the beginning but it's gotten a LOT better now that I have 6,000 miles on her.
I'm running premium in mine too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same issues here... WOT is not un-restricted either.
I called them and they said they never heard of problems with a 2011 CC 4X4... I call BS. Very disappointed with the results.

AEM Bruteforce CAI + Magnaflow 22" swap and BDGT, Still cant spin the tires WOT on premium or regular. I got more tire spin bone stock. Power kicks in after 15MPH.

Stock 8.7 0-60
Magnaflow + BDGT + Airbox Mod. 8.3 0-60
AEM+MAgna + BDGT 7.3 0-60

The AEM was the Biggest change, but I should be getting better times than that running premium +3 and wot UNRESTRICTED.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Weird, the throttle restriction is definitely removed on mine.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
AGREE. Same here, disappointing. My 2005 with only the Banks monster exhaust and K&N drop in, had more power than my current 2010 with more mods. Go figure?? Time and time again I disabled the VDC and have the WOT unrestricted, only to get a big HICCUP @wot. I have given up. Its Uprev for me once I get the dough.

Reactions: headset451

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ll give BD a call, but I don’t expect a lot other than the “we haven’t heard of this before, try reloading the stock file, and then load the custom file again” answer. What bugs me a bit about all this is that there seems to be a great deal of inconsistency across the fleet in regards to the response you get from performance mods. My simpletons mind tells me that when the same part; tuners, exhaust, CAI, etc… is applied to a production OEM vehicle the results should be approximately the same.

Oh well, it looks like I will be a likely candidate for the Uprev solution to see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had to get a few thousand on my '11 before things really started to show up. Fuel mileage was a huge concern in the beginning but it's gotten a LOT better now that I have 6,000 miles on her.
I'm running premium in mine too.
I was wondering about that as well. I had about 10,000 miles on my 09 before I loaded the Superchips Cortex and with less than 1000 on my 11 I am hoping that things may change a bit with some more miles.

·
Registered
165 Posts
My 11 SV responded very well to the BDGT. I have a MAGNA CB with the nismo CAI, reset the ecu, and then loaded the 93 tune, WOT rest off, 2*, extreme throttle.

It's pretty awesome now. My truck ran a 14.6 before the reset/BDGT, and now it feels much more alive.

Try resetting the ECU and go from there. Give it time to learn things and you will notice a big diff.

·
Registered
869 Posts
My 11 SV responded very well to the BDGT. I have a MAGNA CB with the nismo CAI, reset the ecu, and then loaded the 93 tune, WOT rest off, 2*, extreme throttle.

It's pretty awesome now. My truck ran a 14.6 before the reset/BDGT, and now it feels much more alive.

Try resetting the ECU and go from there. Give it time to learn things and you will notice a big diff.
I totally forgot that I reset the ECU on mine too.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Your not alone buddy. Hopefully my future beholds UpRev.

·
Registered
422 Posts
i didn't do anything to mine until after 1200 miles. I am close to 2k now. I just added the BDGT and then Injen CAI. Made a huge difference IMO. I have 2011 2WD. I never got on it until after I setup BDGT tune and it seemed OK. But after I added the Injen, it made a huge difference. At least in 0-60, my 60' stayed the same for some reason (2.5)

I do plan to do Uprev as everyone is swearing by it. I do not want to purchase anything unless I can find others around me that can benefit - I will probably just take it to the local tuner. Then again, from what I am reading, there is not a giant gain from BDGT to Uprev unless I get more mods.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts