Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure where to post this, so here it is.

I bought a BDGT a little bit ago, and I love it. BUT... I hated the suction cup mounting hardware that came with it and went out to the wonderful internet and searched high and low for a cool way to mount this little guy.

I saw some mounts that were kinda what I wanted but I just couldn't find one that made me go :redblob"

So, I decided to bust out the snips, go buy some sheet metal and cut out some Velcro. All in all I'm super happy with how it turned out and I wanted to share it with all of you. :)

Enough of me running my hole, on to some pics!
Let me know what you think :teethmast

BTW... I painted it with Bed Liner.:eyebrow:

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
WOW!!!!! Looks great! Simple and easy to make. I want a GT so bad.

Reactions: gizmo5

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! Good job bro! You using the factory screw that holds the vent down?
Thanks man! I actually just cut out Velcro the same size as the bottom of the hole, and cut a circle in it so the screw is accessible. It's industrial velcro and feels pretty damn strong.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Now that's innovative and simple. Write up is a must :teethmast

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Great job

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Nice job! Great place to mount since its "dead" space.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm not sure where to post this, so here it is.

I bought a BDGT a little bit ago, and I love it. BUT... I hated the suction cup mounting hardware that came with it and went out to the wonderful internet and searched high and low for a cool way to mount this little guy.

I saw some mounts that were kinda what I wanted but I just couldn't find one that made me go :redblob"

So, I decided to bust out the snips, go buy some sheet metal and cut out some Velcro. All in all I'm super happy with how it turned out and I wanted to share it with all of you. :)

Enough of me running my hole, on to some pics!
Let me know what you think :teethmast

BTW... I painted it with Bed Liner.:eyebrow:
I know this is an old post. But curious how you got the bullydog gt to stay to the metal mount you made.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
I know this is an old post. But curious how you got the bullydog gt to stay to the metal mount you made.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I made a little Styrofoam pad to fit in the same spot and then modded the stock mount to fit in the Styrofoam. Name concept just fills up that small arear.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Got any of these for sale? I like this more than the suction cup and RAM mount.

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
This thread is from 2011. If you want, get some Styrofoam or another filler for that area and try and fab something up. None of us cam sell a product in here, we can just help plan for some fabrication.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ive bought a couple of things from different people in here............. but it looks easy enough to make, even for us mechanically challenged individuals. Anyone have a picture of the back of the unit and how it fits with the styrofoam addition?

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Ive bought a couple of things from different people in here............. but it looks easy enough to make, even for us mechanically challenged individuals. Anyone have a picture of the back of the unit and how it fits with the styrofoam addition?
I can take a pic in a bit. What I meant was that we can not advertise something we are making for sale. Resale of a part, or vendors selling is alright, but we can market parts we built unless we are a vendor.

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Here's mine

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
wow that looks really awesome

1 - 19 of 19 Posts