Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a BDGT and it worked right out the box, after updating it online...LOL

Before I bought it, I replaced the stock muffler with the 22" magnaflow and removed the snorkel but kept the stock air filter.

I have stomped on it on 2wd and 4wd, with VDC off, barely spin the tires. ( Stock ) with and with ought any mods....

After the BDGT, same, no spin... 87 and 93 tune, with 93 gas. Seems like the BDGT did not shut WOT off even though it says it does.

I did the 0-60 time, so I at least know the BDGT is working. Tried at least 3 runs w each setting. Seems really slow to me compared to other times here.
2wd 8.8 stock
4wd 8.7 stock
2wd 8.2 87 or 93 tune 2*
4wd 8.1 87 or 93 tune 2*

I should be able to leave a long patch with the BDGT and WOT removed, I can feel WOT hit after 15MPH.

Anyone else have this problem?

Brute force CAI comes in Wednesday, hopefully I'll get better times then, but I don't see that solving the WOT problem.

Any ideas or similar troubles?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Maybe try uninstalling the entire tune, checking for an update, and installing again? I believe the 4x4 WOT restriction is right around 15 mph, so something my not have loaded from the update correctly. I know i have seen threads on BDGT update problems, but not sure of the outcomes.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I am having a similar problem and i am 2wd. I have had the BDGT installed for a little over a week and the software is up to date. Sometimes when I floor it from a stop it will light the tires up.... sometimes it will bog till about 15 or 20 mph and then come to life so violently it will spin the tires. I dont have vdc or abls on my truck so i really dont know what is happening. Beyond 15 it runs great and the WOT restriction (40mph 2wd) is definately removed

I have tried the different tunes and adding and removing timing but just cant seem to pinpoint what the problem is.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I will honestly say that I don't have enough knowledge of the BDGT or tuning to give a good reply; I'm only stating what I've read on TT. Contacting Bullydog may be your best bet.

Also, your ECU has a learning period for a new tune. Most of the time, three or so WOT 0-60 runs wakes it up and teaches it.. I granny my truck driving in the city all the time, but if i ever get the urge, I run it hard a few times and can really tell a difference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been trying to figure this out the hard way.... Waiting on an email reply from BDGT.

Truck comes alive after 15 MPH. Stock is a good hit.
BDGT tune is a violent hit.

Just wanted to check and see if anyone is having the same problem. There is no way the WOT is shut off. I ran through half a tank testing...err playing.. But it was fun!!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Been trying to figure this out the hard way.... Waiting on an email reply from BDGT.

Truck comes alive after 15 MPH. Stock is a good hit.
BDGT tune is a violent hit.

Just wanted to check and see if anyone is having the same problem. There is no way the WOT is shut off. I ran through half a tank testing...err playing.. But it was fun!!!
Please post here what they tell you. I really hope to get this resolved. i dont want to have to waste 20 bucks worth of gas just to whip my truck back into shape.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
BDGT owners can monitor the throttle position voltage. At full wide open throttle, it will read 4.0-4.1v. If you see that voltage immediately after flooring the pedal from a standing start, you have no restriction. If your tires don't spin, most will still feel a bog even though there is no restriction.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
YEP same problem here too. WOT disabled along with the VDC still no luck. Latest updates also installed. I personally think its in the software. I am not one to beat the truck, but once and a while you get the urge to fry the tires! I also notice a "flat spot" of power at WOT @ midrange. Uprev keeps looking better and better.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have no problems at all with mine and I just updated it the other day with no negative effects. Funny thing, I just beat the crap out of a 5L Mustang fastback not 15 minutes ago. LOL

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'm starting to think this is not a bullydog software problem, but it's our ECU adjusting to what IT wants. I have the hypertech. When I received it a few weeks ago, I removed WOT and it was nice. I realize the Hypertech states that it won't completely remove the function, but it minimizes the "limiting". It did that very well, and felt identical to the GT when first loading it. Fast forward to the past few days and I had a noticeable "surge" in power again at 20mph and didn't seem like it had the same grunt. I could spin the tires from a stop, but it was just basically a chirp. I loaded the program again, in essence overwriting what was already there, and viola, more power in the low end and a barely noticeable surge.

So, it almost seems as if my truck has the ability to adjust the tuning as it sees fit. I noticed this with the GT as well, which is probably why my 60ft time never got better than 2.19.......

Reactions: josh19k

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called BD and got a crock of crap. They said the 4x4 will barely spin the tires with the WOT disabled and that the big gains are only on 2wd drive models. They have a 30 day money back guarantee.

So much for advertising, I was expecting to roast the tires from a stop, instead I get a chirp.

No difference between the regular and premium tune, still getting the same performance times.

In short, no customer service, just a quick answer to get me off the phone and offer the money back. I get my AEM Bruteforce in tomorrow, if I don't see any changes, I will get my money back.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
As I posted earlier, take a look at your throttle position voltage. If you get 4.0-4.1 volts from a dig, you are getting full throttle. If you drive your Titan normally with no WOT runs for several days, the Titan ECU will automatically put you into granny mode. A few WOT 0-60 runs will wake it back up.

Contrary to other 4x2's, my 4x2 Titan got 4.1v at 18-20 MPH prior to installing BD or Superchips. After installing either programmer, my logs showed WOT (4.1 volts) at ~5 MPH.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'm starting to think this is not a bullydog software problem, but it's our ECU adjusting to what IT wants. I have the hypertech. When I received it a few weeks ago, I removed WOT and it was nice. I realize the Hypertech states that it won't completely remove the function, but it minimizes the "limiting". It did that very well, and felt identical to the GT when first loading it. Fast forward to the past few days and I had a noticeable "surge" in power again at 20mph and didn't seem like it had the same grunt. I could spin the tires from a stop, but it was just basically a chirp. I loaded the program again, in essence overwriting what was already there, and viola, more power in the low end and a barely noticeable surge.

So, it almost seems as if my truck has the ability to adjust the tuning as it sees fit. I noticed this with the GT as well, which is probably why my 60ft time never got better than 2.19.......
Perfect Observation!!!!! This is exactly what I have noticed and I HATE it!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
As I posted earlier, take a look at your throttle position voltage. If you get 4.0-4.1 volts from a dig, you are getting full throttle. If you drive your Titan normally with no WOT runs for several days, the Titan ECU will automatically put you into granny mode. A few WOT 0-60 runs will wake it back up.

Contrary to other 4x2's, my 4x2 Titan got 4.1v at 18-20 MPH prior to installing BD or Superchips. After installing either programmer, my logs showed WOT (4.1 volts) at ~5 MPH.
Listen to SuddenUrge ^^^^ Go by the voltage reading, NOT by seat of the pants or tires peeling out.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Sudden,

Any way to know what that voltage is without a GT? Since I have Hypertech, I get the feeling I will never know what mine is reading huh?

OstaF, I agree to an extent. The seat of your pants test to me is pretty darn legitimate in this case for two reasons:

1. I drive this truck everyday a minimum of 50 miles in mixed city and highway. i know exactly when something is different.
2. The "surge" that i was getting at ~20mph was ludicrously strong, and it felt like I had the pedal at half throttle up until that point and then I punched it. After re-installing over top of the existing tune, the half throttle feeling was gone and it would leap pretty good from a stop. I guess it may be hard to explain, but it was literally like a turbo spool when engaging into WOT. Seat of your pants is probably not the greatest for a muffler swap or CAI because most won't feel a 5hp difference in a 5000lb truck. This feels like a 100hp difference literally.

Regardless, thanks all for the posts to help me and the OP.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Sudden,

Any way to know what that voltage is without a GT? Since I have Hypertech, I get the feeling I will never know what mine is reading huh?

OstaF, I agree to an extent. The seat of your pants test to me is pretty darn legitimate in this case for two reasons:

1. I drive this truck everyday a minimum of 50 miles in mixed city and highway. i know exactly when something is different.
2. The "surge" that i was getting at ~20mph was ludicrously strong, and it felt like I had the pedal at half throttle up until that point and then I punched it. After re-installing over top of the existing tune, the half throttle feeling was gone and it would leap pretty good from a stop. I guess it may be hard to explain, but it was literally like a turbo spool when engaging into WOT. Seat of your pants is probably not the greatest for a muffler swap or CAI because most won't feel a 5hp difference in a 5000lb truck. This feels like a 100hp difference literally.

Regardless, thanks all for the posts to help me and the OP.
I hear ya. I also have a 4x4, which is good for us since WOT kicks in around 18mph stock vs 2wd at 40mph or whatever.

I used to have a superchips and I was in the same boat, asked the same question about WOT from 0. Did the voltage reading that suddenurge suggested and all checked out but I wasn't convinced from the inconsistent seat of the pants feel. Titan's ECU has a granny mode from driving normal so I think you're right about it making adjustments as it sees fit.

I think the throttle sensitivity the programmers give is cool but I got over it quick. I sold the superchips and really didn't miss it.

Now I have Uprev and it's answered all questions and eliminated any doubt :rockon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts