Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ended up buying the BDS leveling kit that is 2.5" in the front and 1" in the back. Should have it installed this or next week.

Does anyone else have this kit? I went with it over the PRG because I have friends from our local 4X4 shop that recommended it.

Now I have seen all the pictures requested to be posted of the PRG mini lift, but will this BDS kit look the same installed as the PRG?

Anyone with experience or knowledge of this specific kit please let me know. Im excited to see how it will look!

Thanx!

·
Super Moderator
160,795 Posts
The outward appearance of the truck will be the same. You really can't see the spacer unless you're up under the front looking for it. I haven't heard of that particular kit, but as long as it's similar in design being a spacer added to the top of the coil assembly, it'll be fine.

Just FYI, if that's what the kit is and you're decent with a wrench, you can do this yourself. It's a pretty straightforward install. Best of luck! :)

Reactions: Mikesher144

·
Registered
519 Posts
The outward appearance of the truck will be the same. You really can't see the spacer unless you're up under the front looking for it. I haven't heard of that particular kit, but as long as it's similar in design being a spacer added to the top of the coil assembly, it'll be fine.

Just FYI, if that's what the kit is and you're decent with a wrench, you can do this yourself. It's a pretty straightforward install. Best of luck! :)

I'm pretty sure but from what i remember the spacer goes in between the sring and stru if that makes any sense. By any means the BDs kits add more preload to the spring resulting in a rougher ride quality. Just my $.02

·
Super Moderator
160,795 Posts
Then you're saying the kit he mentions is more like the Daystar type. I don't know anything about the install on those.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
IT's a 'normal' kit....

·
Super Moderator
160,795 Posts
That's just a walk in the park then!

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
It looks like a good kit just get a grinder and grind down the coil bucket lip down flush and you will be good to go.

·
Super Moderator
160,795 Posts
Hold off on grinding anything until you find out if you even need to. On my '06 2WD, I didn't need to grind anything. I have no coil bucket/UCA contact.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
yeah Carbeaux is right just check it out after you get installed but most likely you will have to grind them down..

·
Registered
519 Posts
IT's a 'normal' kit....

Looks are very deceving. This kit requires a spring compressor. The spacer goes in between the spring and strut plus adds lift from the top of it like a regular spacer. Very confusing install says about three hours on the web site. http://www.bds-suspension.com/pdfs/026251.pdf here is the link for the front install. Check it out and see if this is the kit you want. Great kit but rough ride are my prediction!

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Looks are very deceving. This kit requires a spring compressor. The spacer goes in between the spring and stut plus adds lift from the top of it like a regular spacer. Very confusing install says about three hours on the web site. http://www.bds-suspension.com/pdfs/026251.pdf here is the link for the front install. Check it out and see if this is the kit you want. Great kit but rough ride are my prediction!

Good Catch!!!

These style of level kits are the worst IMO.

Reactions: Book0825

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a kift on my 2004 that went between the spring and strut and it was the worst ride I have ever had. It was worse than my 86 Chevy with a 4" Skyjacker kit on it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Good Catch!!!

These style of level kits are the worst IMO.

I agree with you on this one. It looks good in the picture BUT if you have to add preload to the spring it is going to suck for ride quality. Call me susy pretty pants but hey I like to be able to keep my fillings in my teeth when driving!:hahano:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
So its a preload type level kit. Hmmm, I wonder how the Bilstein 5100s ride with the 1"-2" of preload on them?

Looks are very deceving. This kit requires a spring compressor. The spacer goes in between the spring and strut plus adds lift from the top of it like a regular spacer. Very confusing install says about three hours on the web site. http://www.bds-suspension.com/pdfs/026251.pdf here is the link for the front install. Check it out and see if this is the kit you want. Great kit but rough ride are my prediction!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great....

You guys think it will impact the ride quality that much? And the PRG kit wouldn't cause the same issue?

·
Super Moderator
160,795 Posts
Yes. And no.

The PRG kit puts the spacer on the top of the whole coil/shock assembly, changing nothing about the spring and it's preload.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Great....

You guys think it will impact the ride quality that much? And the PRG kit wouldn't cause the same issue?
Well looking at the kit itself maybe it adds .5" of preload and the rest comes from the rest of it. With stock front struts you will have ride quality issues. Maybe with some bilstiens it would be a little better. Not much but hey it's worth a shot. I have not had any luck adding preload to spring. It is comparible to having a torsion bar set up and to achieve the desired lift you just tightened them up adding lift but reducing travel. This is what it would be comparable to. Maybe not as extreme but all in all ride quality will suffer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts