Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

This V/N 1 N 6bA07B97N226254 Smoke 07 Crew CAB 4x4 is Recked. STORY GOES AS FOLLOWS
I purchased a Titan With the Same spec the dealer promised to provide me the truck i wanted within a week time. On the Promised day, i went to pickup my Truck the dealership refused to give to me, Why? i said, they reply-ed that they swapped a truck of theirs with another dealer to be able to provide me with the truck i set my eyes on. They found out that the truck has a missing mud guard while they were washing it so they had a closer look behind the panel that truck was recked and repainted from dealer ship. it can't be visible from the outside but certainly from underneath the panel. I stood there while they were chatting with other dealer and demanded there truck back. So I took the V/N down to reported to CAR-FAX and to TT. The people have the right to know( from my point of View). Anyhow they did bring me the truck i wanted :3eyes: and i absolutely love it. The Only problem is that i posted it the V/n was lost for nearly two months, So i apologize for the delay. if you have this truck you may keep it or chat with dealer ship that you bought it from.
So Guys I'm Glad that I'm part of TT.:rollingsm

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think the truck was delivered from IRVIN not too sure though. the Dealer that spotted it was at weatherford TX.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I dont have a smoke Titan but I'll tell you what, these stealerships are sneaky! I could swear my brand new 07' majestic blue titan has been damaged and repaired! the same thing happened with me in a way, i was looking for this color and model but the dealership I was at did not have one in stock. they had one delivered from the dealership across town.
star struck I hardley even inspected the truck, it was beautiful! the next day I'm looking over the truck and I noticed these few things..
1) door pillars are color matched instead of being the black vinyl
2) the rear tires are off set to one side by at least 3/4"
3) the paint at the bottom of the body panels is abnormally thick and rough.
i know its a protective coat for the body but its way thicker than the coat
on my 04'
4) there is alot of trash in the paint on the hitch
5) where the door pillars should be black, i can see a definite line where there used to be the black vinyl
6) the driver side rear door doesnt shut as easlily as all the others.
Lucky for me I missed a signature in the contract and they need me to come in and sign. I wont be signing until this stuff is addressed. whats worse is the manager i've dealt with at this dealership for the past ten years, looked up the cars history report in the data base and said nothing was showing up?
I think somebody is telling a lie!:bang:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jasonmotox i totally agree with you, when you buy a new car you have absolutely to be satisfied and happy of your truck. But you have to know not all dealerships are lier's, the one i went to they were onest and forthcoming. So i Guess its the purchaser who should spent a little effort to give the item a good visual inspection its a purchaser right. Some of the experts in this site can come up with tips for new buyers including what to look for in a visual inspection. i think this will be great use.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Thanks SAA, you scared me there for a minute. I had the same thing happened to me recently, when I purchased a 1 year old 05 CC Titan with 9000 miles on it. But because it was used, nothing was stated as damaged and carfax was clean. However, I think it was in an accident. I traded it in 2 week ago and bought a new 07 CC Titan SE 4wd smoke and thought, NO NOT AGAIN!!! Anywho, this is common. When I went to look at the Titan's, I went to another dealership where there was a recked test driven Titan. The S/M told me another S/M got into an accident, but it was stated on the sticker. (he said it was Ca. law) You could see all the flaws in the paint and they didn't do a good job. Anywho, we have to be careful when buying a new car too!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you know guys I'm new to this form and i did a lot of research on this subject. RUST in DRIVE shaft, on the LOCK of the UTILITY BED and when i took it to the dealer they just rub it off and said this is normal, i know this has been posted before but no technical info was stated. i bought rust Doctor and the degreaser came free with it i was planning to apply it this weekend. but I'm not a mechanical guy, i don't know if it will affect the turning or cause balance issues. all i know if you took care of a problem specially in the first phase it's rewarding in the end. i can provide photos for the experts. your info will be most appreciated. The Truck has only 2500 miles on it. The dealerships don't do the rust proofing on this region.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
SAA said:
Jasonmotox i totally agree with you, when you buy a new car you have absolutely to be satisfied and happy of your truck. But you have to know not all dealerships are lier's, the one i went to they were onest and forthcoming. So i Guess its the purchaser who should spent a little effort to give the item a good visual inspection its a purchaser right. Some of the experts in this site can come up with tips for new buyers including what to look for in a visual inspection. i think this will be great use.
I dont really beleive all dealerships are liers but like you I think everybody should do a thorough visiual ispection and not let the exitement of buying a bad a/s truck distract you. I'll have the dealership fix my pillars, the rear door and the rear end off set if possible but other than that I am totally satisfied with my Titan. I can't complain too much, on top of the 3k rebate they have going they gave me an additional $3500 off for being a preferred customer!

·
Registered
514 Posts
jasonmotox said:
I dont really beleive all dealerships are liers but like you I think everybody should do a thorough visiual ispection and not let the exitement of buying a bad a/s truck distract you. I'll have the dealership fix my pillars, the rear door and the rear end off set if possible but other than that I am totally satisfied with my Titan. I can't complain too much, on top of the 3k rebate they have going they gave me an additional $3500 off for being a preferred customer!
JasonMotoX
Just was curious if you ever ran your VIN through carfax.

·
Registered
514 Posts
That makes you wonder now doesn't it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
baseballfanz said:
If the dealer fixed it themself and not report it, it's not going to show up on Carfax.
ditto.

I found something fishy on my truck after i took it home.

When i went to install the armada lip i noticed a ding was fixed in the chrome center piece. Looks like they ran over something and it hit the chrome center piece of the lower bumper. You can't see it from the front you can only see it if you are upside down looking up at it. no biggie. they spayed that fake chrome paint on it to blend it in.

PS: my pillars are color matched also. I do not have a "line" where they meet. IMO looks better than the flat black ones.
________
Fetish black

·
Registered
140 Posts
ProjectTitan007 said:
That makes you wonder now doesn't it.
My wife's Toyota Tacoma was in 3 different accidents. All minor but all were taken care of through the insurance companies. One was file with the state police and guess what... not one of them was on a carfax report. I put little faith in car fax unless you want to know if the car was a rental car.

And now you know why I don't let my wife drive the titan.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
ProjectTitan007 said:
JasonMotoX
Just was curious if you ever ran your VIN through carfax.
I'll have to check that, seeing as how my 04' has been in 2 accidents. one with a fatality. I had the dealership check the VIN on my 07' and they came up with nothing... so they say.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
My 04 was being repaired at my dealer and I thought it was taking too long. Thinking they were letting it sit while they worked on other customers vehicles, I drove over to see. My truck was not there. After catching a surprised service mgr he informed me my truck had been dented and they had sent it to a shop for repair. Do you think they were going to tell me? Hell no! After a lot of juking and jiving, they admitted they should have told me first. Makes me really think twice about another Nissan unless we assume they are all crooks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts