Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had to run out for a few things was on my way back to the freeway and about two miles from the onramp two guys pull up next to me in a lifited F250 playing with me on a main street. I am not one for racing since the truck is lifted with big tires 4x4 but he was the same. We get to the light at the onramp and it is a staright shot you cross one intersection and this is the start of the freeway. So he starts reving the motor and laughing at me with his buddy. The light to turn left turns yellow RPM's go up, light turns and it is on. Had him beat before we crossed the intersection by 70 over a car length. at 85 I slowed back to 70 he comes up by me I give him a thumbs up and the A..hole gives be the bird! Oh well pissed he got beat by the Titan. Suprised on how fast I took him. My father drives a F350 4x4 diesel with an edge system in it and I can't get off the line with him. He smokes me every time but then again he is running me in race mode not stock. Anyways was happy how fast I took a stock Diesel

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Sounds about right. My Titan would be my new diesel. But put a programer on it and you would be all washed up! Good run. How old was the Ford? My 08 Cheby diesel weighs 7200 lbs too. 2000lbs over my Titan.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Helinut1970 said:
Sounds about right. My Titan would be my new diesel. But put a programer on it and you would be all washed up! Good run. How old was the Ford? My 08 Cheby diesel weighs 7200 lbs too. 2000lbs over my Titan.
Looked to be 3 or 4 years old not a 7.4 or what ever diesel they had before

·
Registered
23 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
08? Don't you mean 07? But the weight sounds about right. Never can get the Ford Diesels to run, lots of GTs but they're like picking on little kids. No fun in beating them.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
SubTexel said:
08? Don't you mean 07? But the weight sounds about right. Never can get the Ford Diesels to run, lots of GTs but they're like picking on little kids. No fun in beating them.
Yes I say 07 but the dealer insists on calling it an 08 even though it says 07. Go figure. It has me all confused too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
Yes I say 07 but the dealer insists on calling it an 08 even though it says 07. Go figure. It has me all confused too.
Is it the LMM (07.5 new body style) or LBZ (07 Classic)? Either way both are 07s and both are nice trucks. I have an 07 Classic and love it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
i had a similar experience the other day with a lifted 250 4x4 CC. I was stopped at the lights beside him on my way home from work, i wasn't expecting a dual, but this guy launches off the light and had 2 lengths on me before i stepped into it. I kept on it till 65 but he just kept pullin away all the time. He had a pipe and at least a chip, and was belching like a freight train the whole time, i was shamefully impressed with the diesels performance.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ive got a lifted 2005 F-250 4x4 crewcab intake SCT custom programmer and exhaust, I also have my 07 CC lifted 4x4 Titan, never really thought of either one of them as a race car, but no way My titan would keep up with my diesel.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a buddy with an 06 chevy 2500 with the duramax and he has all the goddies. Programmer, exhaust, intake, trans cooler and upgraded turbo. Holy Hell is that thing a monster. If you go just by what bully dog says the package will do he should be close to 650hp and 1000 yes I said 1000 lbs of torque. He has not found a dyno close that will let him run it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts