Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today a coworker of mine purchased a 2000 or so chevy 2500 with a 6.0 litre.. also installed was a vortec supercharger. the truck was all stock except for the s/c. first i will say that thing is pretty fast for an old man truck. from a dead stop the TITAN walked all over the chebby, from a roll on start the 6.0 litre was more of a race. from about 40 mph we mashed it and the TITAN was just a lil faster... anyways it was fun...

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
are you sure that guy wasn't just confused. Maybe he thought that the 6.0 liter Vortec engine had a Vortech supercharger? Vortec is a name thought up by someone in marketing that is supposed to represent a unique intake design. It is not a type of forced induction.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I would think a S/C on a 6.0 would be more than we could handle, whithout being heavily moded and S/C ourselves. Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I raced a 6.0 Chevy with Chip, Exhaust, and CAI, and Throttle bod;y spacer, and i was havin problem reading his license plate, as he was leaving me too bad.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
:-/ I doubt a supercharged 6.0 would lose to a Titan. Ones with similar mods were running 1.6-1.8 seconds slower than the supercharged SS Silverado I saw at Speedworld. Even if it's not an SS, the FI 6.0 should beat you handily from a stop, from a roll....

I'm voting for the confused owner as well. Vortec engine maybe... no way a Vortech supercharged 6.0 will lose to you. Good race though.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
im tellin you vortech makes good stuff but cant tune chevy's to save thier life. $4500 in a 5.3. doesnt come with an intercooler. dyno numbers look good. but in real world was good for decreaseed gas milage and gain of .02 in 1/4 mile. i swear on some colder days my stock setup was just as fast and less sloppy

·
Registered
578 Posts
if the truck you raced wasn't a 2500 series I don't know if I would believe this story...but that being said the 2500 series is a heavy beast. Great Kill!!!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not looking to flame you man, but i'd have to see that to believe it. :teeth:

·
Registered
781 Posts
the old 6.0 first version wasn't anythinh like what they had now thtey had 300hp and 365ft/tq the second generatin had 345hp and the new one has 367hp. so i think it was possible. they were dogs

·
Banned
343 Posts
hmm... well i dont mean to be rude here but your truck needs run at LEAST a 13 to even think about contending with a blown 6.0. lol wow :huh:

·
Registered
781 Posts
that old 6.0 would get worked not sure bout supercharged but i wouldn't doubt it.

·
Banned
343 Posts
Non supercharged = probably

Supercharged = no chance

Titan = 300hp 380tq

Blown 6.0 = 465hp 494tq

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
he did say that it was a 3/4 ton 2500. those are heavy mo-fo's

·
Registered
139 Posts
rgregory1965 said:
I raced the Space Shuttle today at NASA and beat him....He was supercharged...LOL
Now that was funny! :D You guys are sure rough on him, it's not his fault if his coworker doesn't know squat about his truck. Hey Titan814, have your bud pop the hood and see for yourself.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you all are out of controll. i opened the hood and looked at it myself. trust me i didnt belive it either. i cannot help the fact the the chebby is an over grown heavy pos. i am just telling you what i did. remember the truck has 110k miles on it and its almost 10 yrs old...

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
zo6freak said:
hmm... well i dont mean to be rude here but your truck needs run at LEAST a 13 to even think about contending with a blown 6.0. lol wow :huh:
why are you here... lol wow :huh:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts