Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy challenged me at a set of lights with his 04 GM 2500 4x4 with an 8.1L w/exhaust.
I thought I was gonna get spanked but I blew him away off the line....he claims he spun out.....then we rolled on it at 50mph I still pulled on him by almost a truck length upto 80-90mph.

I'm running an 04 cc 4x4 with AFE Stage 2 everything else is stock....now he phones me and wants to line em up again...but I heard from another source he's now installed a cam and had his ECU programmed...

What should I do....I think I may get beat...would a superchips flashpack put me back in the game??:teethmast

Thanks for the advice!!

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Lmao get you a tuner[BDGT,PP, Cortex, Flashpaq] and get rid of that restrictive Y pipe and muffler. Its awesome when trying to beat a body gets you to buy mods lol. Good luck and let us know what happens. Vids would be cool too!!

ps launch in 4hi and you should get him out of the hole again especially if you get a tuner and remove your WOT restriction.

·
Registered
855 Posts
do you just take off in 4HI and switch it to 2wd as your goin? or leave it in 4Hi for the whole race?

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
If he's actually getting a cam, it could possibly be very ugly for you. It just depends really. Remember, they're slow stock because they're 496cu in and all corked up. There's a hell of a lot of untapped power lurking in there just waiting to turn loose. Let us know how it goes rd2.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I admit I'm a little worried. 8.1L is a lot of cubes
Anyways I've ordered the flash....next week weeze gonna get it on!

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Ya I admit I'm a little worried. 8.1L is a lot of cubes
Anyways I've ordered the flash....next week weeze gonna get it on!
Launch in 4wd and run the 93 tune with 3* of timing. That's what I ran my best times with when I had SC. Post that story up ASAP after it happens.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
my buudy has that truck with a programmer intake headers and exhaust....dirt slow. with a cam who knows maybe not. with a tuner id put my money on you

·
Registered
363 Posts
subscribed, cant wait to hear the rest of this story!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry for the delay.......big big delay...........um I think he not want to race again, he keeps saying we'll race when he takes his quad deck off (he was empty the first time)but he hasn't taken it out and may never from what I can see anyways.:bangit:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts