Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today on my way home i pulled up next to my buddy who drives a toyota tacoma, i nod at him he nods at me. the light turns green, we race. my tires were begging for mercy as the Titan's massive torque overwhelms them. 1st gear pulling away, 2nd really pulling away now, 3rd had to slow down cuz a car in my lane was goin REALLY slow (way under speed limit) i couldn't move over cuz my buddy is goin to pass me on the left. so i delcare victory to myself and smile. bout 10 seconds later Ford Focus headlights are comming at me real quick. i make a right turn at an intersection and he is following me close revving his engine. he is one of those wanna be racers with the massive wing and go fast stickers. i let him pass thinking he is in a hurry or somethin and let him by. i get in his lane and nail it. i commin up at him REAL fast. blow by him, approx. 100-110mph hits and he is done (i dont look at my speedo when im goin that fast.) i was laughing so hard at one point i almost had to pull over! mr speed racer was beat by a bone stock 5148lb TRUCK!! LOL LMAO!! i called my buddy and he was laughing just as hard as i was. he said he was no match for the titan's v8. i knew entering the race with him was unfair but it was between buddies, so what the hell? the only trick i did was turn off my AC compressor and fan. that was it. my first offical race and i anhilated everyone! i fell in love with my truck all over again.

Chris.

P.S. all this done on 3/4 tank of gas! :gunz:

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Today on the way home my neighbor kid came up next to me in his 2002 Chevy 2500 ExCab LongBed 6.0 and offered to race. I select the tow mode.
He powerbrakes it good, gets a great launch. I spin the rears, and by the time the Titan hits 2nd gear, I am past his mirror. by the end of 2nd, I was at about 50 in a 40 zone and he was 1 truck lenght behind. I hit 3rd and shut her down. He came over to the house about a minute later and praised the Titan, and I praised his well executed launch effort.
He will never test a Titan again with that truck, and he has mods on the it too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is a 2006 Tacoma. I have no mods at all. (can't wait till the warranty disappears). He is stock too, i think. it was very fun. and today on my way home a f-150 wanted some. i was charging at him fast but we both quit cuz of traffic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts