Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Titan and am wondering if anyone has experience with Tonneau covers and the Utili-track system. Wondering which is the best one where the utili-track doesn't interfere with installation of the cover.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
There have been threads on this. From what I recall, most tonneau covers will require flipping the utili-track rails upside-down.

Reactions: Brooks1977

·
Registered
216 Posts
Extang Trifecta 2.0 works fine with the Utilitrack system on second gen. It appears to work with the gen one trucks as well. They provide a bracket the easily fits onto the utilitrack rails. Hasn't affected my ability to use the rails effectively, although it does slightly impair the range of extension of my bed extender. as both want to occupy the same spot on the rail.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Truxedo Low Pro fits fine with Utilitrack. No modification of the Utiltrack mounting is needed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2017 crew cab Platinum with the tool boxes. I bought the BAKFLIP FIBERMAX TONNEAU COVER. I was unable to flip the tracks with the tool boxes. I cut notches in the tracks for the clamps to fit. You can still use the cleats, you just insert them where you need them. I am very happy with the top and it is water tight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2017 crew cab Platinum with the tool boxes. I bought the BAKFLIP FIBERMAX TONNEAU COVER. I was unable to flip the tracks with the tool boxes. I cut notches in the tracks for the clamps to fit. You can still use the cleats, you just insert them where you need them. I am very happy with the top and it is water tight.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I put a Truxedo on both of mine, clamped straight on the rails, no problem. The one on the '05, which lives outside, after almost 250,xxx miles and fourteen years of getting stowed and deployed often, it's starting to show it's age, but it still functions perfect.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just installed a bakflip mx4 last week on my 2018 Titan and if you don't plan on using the side utilitrack then it's perfect. But I do use my side tracks regularly and the new rail designs and new clamps prevent you from using the utilitrack even if you do flip the utilitracks upside down. I spoke with and exchanged multiple emails with Bak Industries and they basically said that there's nothing they can do and I'll have to live with it. I've written a full review about my problems with the mx4 on Amazon, where I purchased it from and I just got an email saying that Amazon can't post my review. I ordered an undercover ultra flex and just had it delivered yesterday. I plan on installing the ultra flex tomorrow to see if it works in unison with the side utilitracks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put the BacFlip on my 2017 and I kept the tracks. Everything works and I love the BacFlip. I will post some pics on how I mounted it when I get a chance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
How did your experience with the undercover system work compared to the Bak Flip?
Sorry I didn't get to follow up on my post but the undercover system is the same as the bakflip, they use the utilitrack system to clamp down the rails. I spoke with undercover to see if the non-utilitrack clamps would work but they told me that the clamps would be too long and hit the utilitrack even if you flip the utilitracks upside down (same ordeal with the bakflip). I returned the undercover and kept the bakflip because the bakflip is cheaper and I don't like carpet on the underside of the cover in the undercover. My main issue now with bakflip is that the tubes for draining hit up against the bulkhead utilitrack. I'll email bak Industries when I have time I've just been busy lately and earlier today I took out the center console in my Titan to install an aftermarket dvd headrest system for my kids.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I used a Rugged Liner E-Series Hard Fold Tonneau Cover from RealTruck.com part # RLI-EH-NT5516 for my 2018 Titan P4X it sits on top of the bed not in the bed, it does not interfear with the Utili-Trak and in fact uses it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone know where I can get a utili-track rails for my 2010 LE? They guy who owned it before me took them out for a shell and you guessed it, didn't include them with the truck. So I am on the hunt. Little did he know you can use Nissan clamps to hold the shell on. Much appreciated if any one knows where I can get a set.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just installed the Undercover SE on a 2019 Titan SV with the side rails. Perfect fit. 2 clamps slide into each side. Instructions give you the precise measurements from the front wall and it was spot on.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Clamps came with the cover.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just put an Undercover Ultra Flex #UX52013 for 2017 Nissan Titan Bed Length:5' 7" With Utili-Track System
on my 2017 Titan. Mounted to the utilitrack with clamps provided, drain tubes fit, looks and works great, no modifications required. Carpet matches my Bedrug liner perfectly as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts