Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
just wanted to share with everybody my new mod. I installed 2 4" grommet type truck backup lights in 4" holes I cut out of the indentation on the drivers side where the 12v socket would go. I just when straight across to the passenger side to cut the other hole. I have strobes in the top cargo light so I wired the 4" lights to the cargo light circuit so they turn on when the door opens or when the switch on the dash is activated.
Just wanted some feedback to see what you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
I like it! Looks good!!

Do a write up of what lights you used and any other parts, with a description of exactly what you did! People will ask!! :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i will work on a write-up I do plan on upgrading to LED

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the positive feedback guys! The lights are actually Peterson model 415 grommet backup lamps. They are avail. from any truckstop or parts store. They would probably work great for anyone with a tonneau, as the cab light is pretty useless for seeing under the cover. You could probably go with just one, but I like uniformity and I love lights of course. It lights up bright as heck at night!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
What model truck do you have ... xe,se, etc..

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
'07 xe kc 2wd

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Very cool! How did you pass the wiring from the cab to the bed?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I removed the driverside sills and drilled a hole as close to the rear as possible under the sill. I added a grommet to make a smooth opening, ran the wires along the frame and up into the cab through this hole. It worked out great because I ran my strobe cables through the same hole. I sealed up the hole with silicone. Ran the wire up to the cargo light switch and voila. I hope to get some pics with better detail up soon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts