Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2008 Titan CC SE for one month and need help resolving the bed shake that is really bothering me to a point that I want to have Nissan buy it back. The bed of my truck bounces up and down, side to side just going down the road over small bumps in the road. It looks bad!

If anyone is having this problem, please take it in to the dealer so they will have a record of other people having this problem. The dealer has checked the torque of the bed bolts, etc. and have told me it checks out. If anyone has fixed this issue or know of some mods to fix it, please help because I love my Titan, but do not want it if this is the way it is.

I am calling Nissan Corp Monday morning to open a claim. I have not been able to enjoy my truck yet, because of this problem. Thanks for your time in reading this thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,534 Posts
did you check the tires for a hop? My 08 SE rides nice and smooth and I keep the tire pressure at 36 psi cold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,557 Posts
900King said:
I have had my 2008 Titan CC SE for one month and need help resolving the bed shake that is really bothering me to a point that I want to have Nissan buy it back. The bed of my truck bounces up and down, side to side just going down the road over small bumps in the road. It looks bad!

If anyone is having this problem, please take it in to the dealer so they will have a record of other people having this problem. The dealer has checked the torque of the bed bolts, etc. and have told me it checks out. If anyone has fixed this issue or know of some mods to fix it, please help because I love my Titan, but do not want it if this is the way it is.

I am calling Nissan Corp Monday morning to open a claim. I have not been able to enjoy my truck yet, because of this problem. Thanks for your time in reading this thread.
Is it just the bed or is the truck vibrating at certain speeds? Look at this thread:


http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-general-discussion/66913-08-death-wobble-vib.html

Is this what you're experiencing? Or...is it just a loose bed issue with yours?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. I have had the truck road forced and found two bad tires and the dealer replaced them. They said the other two were not bad enough to be replaced under warranty. It is not really a vibration now that the tires have been replaced, more of just the bed having excessive movement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,486 Posts
900King said:
Thanks for your replies. I have had the truck road forced and found two bad tires and the dealer replaced them. They said the other two were not bad enough to be replaced under warranty. It is not really a vibration now that the tires have been replaced, more of just the bed having excessive movement.
First pickup?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,202 Posts
Are you sure you have a Titan? Maybe you mistakenly bought a Tundra instead? You know, both trucks do start with the letter T for the name, both have DOHC V8's and both are considered imports by the diehard domestic crowd. Does it have a catfish like front grill and a general bloated appearance about it? If so, you have a Tundra and need to sell as soon as possible before the bed goes through the cab.LOL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny replies! I do have a Titan. The tires are not bad, just not enough out of round to replace. I believe one new is on the front right and rear left.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,786 Posts
900King said:
Funny replies! I do have a Titan. The tires are not bad, just not enough out of round to replace. I believe one new is on the front right and rear left.
just messing around guy dont take it seriously.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,840 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,486 Posts
matthews said:
Yeah all truck beds move like that
Well, there's the Tundra and then there are the rest of the trucks. ;)

My point was simply he shouldn't expect the bed to be completely still, it will shake a little on rough freeways and roads. By a little I mean you shouldn't see the end of the bed moving around by more than about an inch up or down and even that I would consider to be borderline excessive, at least when looking at how little my bed moves. Uneven or unbalanced tires will definitely cause some odd movement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,557 Posts
I don't know what truck your driving, but NO trucks bed should move. The entire rear end may bouce around on a rocky trail or something but that would be the *** end of the truck, not the bed. If your bed is moving, somethings not right. Neither of my Titans beds moved at all. Nor did the bed on my 02 Frontier LB. The beds are bolted to the frame...they cannot move unless their loose of a mounting bolt is broken. I have no idea why you'd say it's normal for a bed to move like that.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,840 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
I don't know what truck your driving, but NO trucks bed should move. The entire rear end may bouce around on a rocky trail or something but that would be the *** end of the truck, not the bed. If your bed is moving, somethings not right. Neither of my Titans beds moved at all. Nor did the bed on my 02 Frontier LB. The beds are bolted to the frame...they cannot move unless their loose of a mounting bolt is broken. I have no idea why you'd say it's normal for a bed to move like that.
Safely go over tons 'o bumps whilst looking in your sideview mirrior at the bed/cab intersection....it be movin'
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,486 Posts
The frame WILL flex, btw. It's fairly rigid but not without flex. Get your suspension crossed up and then look at your truck from behind, the bed will be out of alignment with the cab.

Bed and frame oscillation does happen, it's the nature of the beast since the bed and cab are not a single unit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys, thanks for repling to this issue. I understand a bed is going to flex, move, etc. a little when going over rough terrain, but my bed moves around just driving on normal smooth road. I think the tires could still have a lot to do with it. However, I bought a new truck so I did not have to spend money on it, other than the payment. I have been told that the Goodyear Wranglers that are on it have a different or softer side wall than say like Michelins and that could have a lot to do with it. I didn't take it personal on the jokes, I thought it was funny. I appreciate all the input and time you guys put into answering questions, this website is great!:cheers: :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,557 Posts
matthews said:
Safely go over tons 'o bumps whilst looking in your sideview mirrior at the bed/cab intersection....it be movin'

Absolutely not. I've never seen any frame flex enough to where you can see the bed move in the rearview mirror...never. If it does, there's a problem somewhere. And now I have a LWB and still can't see any movement. Maybe if you're doing 60 MPH over 9" tall rocks but, that's about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Just a thought, take a 'new' one for a test drive at the dealer with the salesman/service rep, then take him for a ride in yours, and show him the difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
fpd7 said:
Just a thought, take a 'new' one for a test drive at the dealer with the salesman/service rep, then take him for a ride in yours, and show him the difference.
Great idea! My Titan is a week old and I am not having any of the issues you have described.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,154 Posts
:fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: ...Something stinks......:dunno:
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top