Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a Titan, but I'm still trying to decide which one to go with. I really like the idea of having the bed side storage box. I've read what people have been keeping in them, but I was wondering how often you guys actually use them. It seems like something that you would throw your stuff in, and then it just sits in there for a while.

So is it really worth getting? And how often would you say you use it? Weekly? Monthly?

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Hi, Welcome to TitanTalk.

As for the box, I don't have one, but I would think you might keep roadside emergency things in it. If you worked construction, some tools, gloves, hardhat....
Good Luck on whatever you decide.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have the sidebox and a toolbox on my truck and I use them both. I put my Tundra Recover Strap and Ford Jumper Cables in the side box. I also have my tiedowns and a pair of gloves in there.

Plus it's just a cool feature. When I show off my truck I can talk about HP, Utili-trac, bed liner and tow package. But when I open that little box everyone says the same thing, "Wow, that's a really cool idea!"

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have had my Titan now for almost a year and the only thing I’ve used the Bed Side Storage Box for was to mount the inflation Schrader valves for air bag helper springs. While I thought it a was a neat feature when I first looked at the truck I’m somewhat concerned with moisture getting in there but so far mine shows no signs of moisture even after a year. So I guess if you have items you think you’d like to store in it, you would probably enjoy having the feature.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I was more interested in the Utilitrack rails and the side effect was to get a side storage box. I use it to keep fluids such as windshield washer, oil, brake fluid, and some hand rags. I like it because I have an area that I don't have to worry about a leak getting onto items in my cargo or cab.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I put my Utilitrak cleats in it when they're not in use (I fear some smart *** is going to walk by my truck and steal them out of the bed!)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I use mine to hold my locking pin and reciever for my tow hitch along with some work gloves and bungie straps. I think it is a real handy feature. Though I don't use it daily, it is a nice place to keep some odd-ball items without cluttering your truck.

·
Premium Member
73,311 Posts
i have tie downs, gloves and other odds and ends in there... i actually have so many tow straps i bought a small toolbox from depot to keep them in removing the small tool tray. it has a nice small top for the utilitrack stops, wrench, 2 spare d batteries for my flashlight. it's a great little catch all and a really great spot to stash your utilitrack gear.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
don't forget there are some other perks about getting the utility bed. You do get a factory sprayed in bedliner and a dc outlet in the bed. Also the bed is much stronger and heavier than the standard bed.

I keep my tiedown cleats and jumper cables im my compartment. Thats about all that fits in there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ratcheting tie-down straps are the only thing I have in mine. Of course, I haven't had the truck long.

Like another user said, the great thing about it is you can use it to store fluids without risking them leaking into the cab or the bed.

Just another feature I love about my Titan.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I store my regular hitch, a couple of cleats and a set of motorcyle tiedowns...
I love the storage area...

·
Super Moderator
93,246 Posts
Bourbon :smoke:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I thought about piecing out an old mini-fridge, insulating the storage box and making a powered cooler out of it for, uh, soda pop.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts