Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody else experiencing excessive bed vibration/flexing?? I noticed it first when I closed my tailgate, and the bed vibrated, seems like ten seconds or more, you can really feel it if you leave your hands on the top of the tailgate. Also, when driving, any little bump, especially if you drive over a manhole cover, you can feel the vibration from the rear and see it if you watch the bed through your side view mirror. I know some flexing is needed, or things will break, just seems like there is too much. :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
35,642 Posts
titanized said:
Is anybody else experiencing excessive bed vibration/flexing?? I noticed it first when I closed my tailgate, and the bed vibrated, seems like ten seconds or more, you can really feel it if you leave your hands on the top of the tailgate. Also, when driving, any little bump, especially if you drive over a manhole cover, you can feel the vibration from the rear and see it if you watch the bed through your side view mirror. I know some flexing is needed, or things will break, just seems like there is too much. :dunno:
Not on mine. It's solid like a rock, ooops . . . . .it's solid like a TITAN! :jester:

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
titanized said:
Not on mine. Maybe some bolts are loose.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Maybe your tailgate is about to fall off...

Oh wait, that was all GM trucks produced since '99 that were being recalled for that...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I was afraid of that, I knew something wasn't right. It is also good to have others feedback when you go to the dealer, it gives you a little leverage. It goes in tomorrow for an oil change so they will look at it, along with a few minor things.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I Do!!!

titanized said:
I have the same issue. The dealer said they drove a few of their Titans from the lot and they had the same noise. Hence, in his opinion this is normal. Well, apparently not. I will take this thread to him on my next visit.

What model, color, and date of birth is yours?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sangio said:
I have the same issue. The dealer said they drove a few of their Titans from the lot and they had the same noise. Hence, in his opinion this is normal. Well, apparently not. I will take this thread to him on my next visit.

What model, color, and date of birth is yours?

Prod. Jan. '04, bought end of Feb. Its a Deep Water, SE, CC, 4x4. I dropped it off this morning, and walked around to a few other trucks on the lot before the shop opened, and both beds vibrated when I closed the tailgate. So I too thought it is normal, and didn't say anything. Now that yours does the same, I might look deeper into the problem, and bring it up when I pick it up.

·
Registered
429 Posts
titanized said:
Prod. Jan. '04, bought end of Feb. Its a Deep Water, SE, CC, 4x4. I dropped it off this morning, and walked around to a few other trucks on the lot before the shop opened, and both beds vibrated when I closed the tailgate. So I too thought it is normal, and didn't say anything. Now that yours does the same, I might look deeper into the problem, and bring it up when I pick it up.
Sorry to hear about your problem. However don't accept from them that it is normal. Mine was Born 11-03 and my bed is solid. I had an experience on a previous vehicle that had a problem w/the viscous coupler took it to two dealerships and their "master mechanics" looked at it claiming the driving characteristics I complained about was normal. Went on the Jeep Forum and this was a common problem. Searched Chrysler's TSB's and was a known problem w/the VC. The point is insist and demand they do something about it. Post your outcome re:this matter. Take Care....

·
Registered
100 Posts
For what it's worth, on every Titan I've looked at including the one I now own the bed vibrates to some extent when closing the tailgate and the bed also moves/vibrates a little when driving or bumps, etc. Everything on my bed is solid, I've tried shaking the bed and the frame of the truck moves with the bed.

I think if you're as picky as I am, you'll notice the bed vibration on all Titan's, it's very minimal on mine as it is on all the others I've seen but it is definitely there. I notice it if I look at the rear corner of the bed of the truck while closing the tailgate.

If you're having noises though that's something to look at, but I would say that some level of vibration when you close the tailgate is normal.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
i agree mine also has some vibration and every titan i checked at my dealer had this same slight vibration when shutting the tailgate hard

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
redrock4x4 said:
For what it's worth, on every Titan I've looked at including the one I now own the bed vibrates to some extent when closing the tailgate and the bed also moves/vibrates a little when driving or bumps, etc. Everything on my bed is solid, I've tried shaking the bed and the frame of the truck moves with the bed.

I think if you're as picky as I am, you'll notice the bed vibration on all Titan's, it's very minimal on mine as it is on all the others I've seen but it is definitely there. I notice it if I look at the rear corner of the bed of the truck while closing the tailgate.

If you're having noises though that's something to look at, but I would say that some level of vibration when you close the tailgate is normal.
Thanks for the info. The dealership has been great complying with some of my complaints/concerns. I too spent a little over an hour checking out most the other beds on the crew cabs on the lot, and every one did the same as my truck. I also test drove two others for approx 10-15 mins. to compare another issue I "thought" I was having, but they both perform the same as mine. Now I just crank the CD player up and enjoy blowing away the competition... :haveredfl

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
checked mine out also and found it to be solid. now if i could just get the radio to sound better....

·
Registered
101 Posts
bed vibration.

titanized said:
Hmmm,Just checked mine and i have the same vibration when closing the tailgate although it's not more than 2or3 sec with an empty bed with a drop in bedliner,,Has any1 noticed how the bed of the Titan flexes when hauling a heavy load?(not towing anything)..going around turns and corners?. :cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts