Nissan Titan Forum banner

Bedlined rims touch up possible?

979 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  dwoelper 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, new to me owner of a 2006 Titan CC and it has some flaking chrome oem 18" rims and wanted to bedline them but the tires are going to have to be replaced in a couple months. I was wondering if those who have done it ever touched up chips or do they have be stripped and redone. I know chrome isn't the best surface to do this on but they look like @ss and doubt I would get any money selling them. Thanks in advance.:hi:

#2 ·
Thats the best part of bedliner you have a scratch proof paint job and if you do get a scratch its as easy as grabbin a rattle can to touch it up. Chrome isnt a bad surface to work with, i would prep it just like the chrome bumpers. Just sand it down good and prime it with rustoleum self etching primer then do 1 can of rustoleum bedliner per wheel and you will be all set. Hope this helps.

-Dave

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

#7 ·
You guys got any pics of these bedlined wheels? My wife wants black wheels and this would be a cheap way of getting them for her. I assume spraying this stuff won't add too much weight to each wheel?

#8 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.