Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am wanting to turn my stock wheels black, and was hoping you guys that have done this will recommend a bedliner paint. Thanks

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
i just did mine the other day... i did my spare with duplicolor and it came smokeish, i did rustolium for the rest and its the perfect black. make sure you sand a lil first then 3 coats min. first pic is dupli second is rust:)

Attachments

Reactions: sfleen

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hey guys, I am wanting to turn my stock wheels black, and was hoping you guys that have done this will recommend a bedliner paint. Thanks
where you located?? I'll sell you mine...save you the time and the hassle.:teethmast

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Use "Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating". Its about $8 a can, and well worth it. Just make sure you rough up the surface before painting. Also, some guys have used self etching primer with good results

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
^^^^^^Ditto!

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
For those that have done this... Did you leave the tires on the rim? Does the burger pop out of the center cap?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yep it pops right out

·
Registered
263 Posts
Use "Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating". Its about $8 a can, and well worth it. Just make sure you rough up the surface before painting. Also, some guys have used self etching primer with good results
^^ Spot on...

Sanded, rubbed/cleaned with paint thinner (let dry completely), 1 coat of primer, 3 coats of "Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating"... Be sure to NOT lay it on too thick. Thin coats!

Mine have survived almost a whole year with zero issues, and I ran them all winter (Upstate NY winters are not the easiest on wheels).

Could not be happier!

·
Registered
263 Posts
For those that have done this... Did you leave the tires on the rim? Does the burger pop out of the center cap?
If you're leaving the tires on the wheels, invest in some note cards. Jam the note cards between the bead and the tire. On a set of Jeep wheels, we used this set up with great results. Note cards and blue painters tape were essential to get the full wheel.

Center cap pops out, and burger pops out if squeezed. This is what I did, and this is what everyone always comments on. 99% of people think they are OEM black wheels... = $$$$$$$

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Left mine on the rims, just needed a little touch up after I put them on a noticed some small areas I missed. Just put some tire shine on them yesterday after 6 months they look great, tough winter in this area too. No problems.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts