Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I ordered my KC 4WD a few weeks ago with a bedliner (no utili-track). I was under the assumption it would be a sprayed one, but since I saw one on the lot that was drop-in, I've been doing some research.

If you build one at the nissan website and click on "bedliner", a description of the drop-in one appears. So, now I'm making the assumption that if you don't get the utili-track option (and just get a bedliner) if will be drop-in. If you get the utili-track, you get the sprayed one. Why would they be different?? Can anyone confirm??
Also, on the Nissan website description (for the drop-in) bedliner, it says:
• Cargo Separation System helps restrain smaller payloads from shifting forward or backward in the bed.
• Cargo Stacking Feature provides for two-tier loading of payload.
What does this mean??

·
Registered
41 Posts
From what I know.....the spray-in liner only comes with the utility track bed.
I have the drop-in liner in my 4x2 KC. The "separation system" in the drop-in are slots in the liner for 2x4 or 2x6 wood planks that separate the bed into different compartments. There are also ledges on the sides of the drop-in that you can put a wood plank across and make it a tiered bed. Hope this makes sense. I got my Titan off the lot and I didn't see any spray-in liners without the whole utility track option included.

·
Registered
28 Posts
NYTITANMAN said:
Hey guys,
I ordered my KC 4WD a few weeks ago with a bedliner (no utili-track). I was under the assumption it would be a sprayed one, but since I saw one on the lot that was drop-in, I've been doing some research.

If you build one at the nissan website and click on "bedliner", a description of the drop-in one appears. So, now I'm making the assumption that if you don't get the utili-track option (and just get a bedliner) if will be drop-in. If you get the utili-track, you get the sprayed one. Why would they be different?? Can anyone confirm??
Also, on the Nissan website description (for the drop-in) bedliner, it says:
• Cargo Separation System helps restrain smaller payloads from shifting forward or backward in the bed.
• Cargo Stacking Feature provides for two-tier loading of payload.
What does this mean??

It is only a drop in that they offer, and I also wanted a bedliner without the Utility Bed Package. When the truck was delivered, they said that I would have to come back on a different day for them to install the bedliner. Since the dealer I bought from was 45 minutes away, I told them to keep the liner, and take the difference off the price of the truck. They did, and I used the difference in buying a Rhino Liner for the truck. That is guaranteed for the life of the truck, and it is put on thick enough where it's not going to bubble. If it does, chip, scatch, bubble, or anything, I get a new liner. Seems like a better thought then the plastic bedliner. A bedliner adds alot of value to your truck, so be sure to have one either way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
NYTITANMAN said:
How much did the Rhino Liner cost you?
I negotiated that as well. They quoted a price of 425.00 for the Rhino Liner for a full size pick-up. I offered to pay for Rhino Liner and a Truxedo Bedcover for 800.00. They were more than willing to negotiate after I told them that I could get a Truxedo cover for 392.00 on the internet. They were trying to sell theirs for 449.00, and it wasn't the low profile one. After it was said and done. the initial quote of 906.00 was 829.95 for both. The bed of the Nissan CC is about foot shorter than a standard short bed, so I felt they had some wiggle room on the Rhino Liner. Rhino Liner is more labor intensive than it is material. The Rhino Liner looks great! Black liner on a Galaxy CC SE. My bedcover is supposed to be here tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.