Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '08 Titan came with a shiny, painted bed. While this looks fantastic it's not great for hauling. I am getting a topper to keep the wet out of it but want to know what ya'll recommend as far as liners. Spray-on or slide-in? Cost/wear/performance differences?

It seems straight forward that a spray-on would be the best but I've had friends complain about them staining if they get oil/gas on them.

Opinions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
I have the factory in my Titan, but if I had to go aftermarket, I would probably go with Line-X. My brother has Line-X in his truck and it looks real good. You can even get colors to match the body paint. Just make sure you get the tailgate and the top sides of the bed rails also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
I would not consider a plastic slide in liner. Water can still get under it and cause it to rust. A spray in liner looks better and will wear much better. It may also add value to resale. When the spray in is new you will worry about how it looks. After a few "real" uses, you will not care about the minor stains and gashes in it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
The plastic liner also collects sand and other grit between it and the bed. It moves as the truck flexes and effectively sands the shiny paint right off the bed in contact spots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cohee3 said:
The plastic liner also collects sand and other grit between it and the bed. It moves as the truck flexes and effectively sands the shiny paint right off the bed in contact spots.
All good points - so spray-on it is. What do you think is an average price for a spray on in a short box?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Instead of spraying the tops of the bedrails and tailgate, you could get the factory plastic caps, and just spray the bed. I'm not sure if the caps come on all Titans, or just with the utility bed package.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
I hate drop in bedliners...There I said it...
They are slippery when dry and turn to ice slippery when wet!
I wouldn't have one for free, I'd spend the money for Line-X...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
loufish said:
I hate drop in bedliners...There I said it...
They are slippery when dry and turn to ice slippery when wet!
I wouldn't have one for free, I'd spend the money for Line-X...

My thoughts exactly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ss350z said:
Instead of spraying the tops of the bedrails and tailgate, you could get the factory plastic caps, and just spray the bed. I'm not sure if the caps come on all Titans, or just with the utility bed package.
I've got the plastic caps on my bed rails - just metal and paint in the bed! LineX it is...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
I did my CC Line-Xed and it was like $470 total, very happy with it so far.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
834 Posts
Spray-in Line-X. I've had a molded insert in my first truck, Line-X in my last truck, and Rhino in my Titan right now. Line-X has been the best out of those 3. No doubt about it. There is no Line-X installer where I live right now, and I had to go with Rhino.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
823 Posts
I have had both. Currently I have the factory spay in on my Titan. There's good and bad with both. The spray in is superior since it can not "slide" and prevents water and other substances form contacting the floor of the bed. If you do any heavy hauling I have found the slide in liners offer better impact resistance. They also are more stain resistant and can be purchased with a "no slip finish" so they are less slippery when wet. I am happy with what I have now, it's my second truck with a spray liner, but base you decision on what you will use your truck for.:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,062 Posts
Keep in mind that there are high and low pressure spray in liners. Low pressure liners offer much more slip resistance and medium impact resistance. They are also harder to spray evenly and have longer dry times. High pressure liners have good impact resistance, but not as much slip resistance...but they dry almost instantly and spray on beautifully. I went w/ a high pressure liner from Xtreme and could'nt be happier...I paid $325 for my long bed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
I had my old Tacoma sprayed with linex for $375 over the lip. They come with a lifetime warranty. This covers any bubbles, flakes, or chips. I see on their website that they say their product resists most chemicals. I do remember gas and oil did tend to stain a little on my black bedliner-more noticeable after the liner faded over the years. Still I think it's the only way to go.
Oh yeah, it dampens the noise coming from the bed of the truck as well-another plus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
chargedTitan said:
I had my old Tacoma sprayed with linex for $375 over the lip. They come with a lifetime warranty. This covers any bubbles, flakes, or chips. I see on their website that they say their product resists most chemicals. I do remember gas and oil did tend to stain a little on my black bedliner-more noticeable after the liner faded over the years. Still I think it's the only way to go.
Oh yeah, it dampens the noise coming from the bed of the truck as well-another plus.
I got a guy I called just recently told me about Scorpion brand liners - apparently they are usuable within the drying time but take a couple weeks to cure. After that there's a lifetime warranty on any damage include color fading.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top